Thursday, July 23, 2020

12 #Book Themed #Quotes - #AmReading

The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn’t know how to read.
~Benjamin Franklin

Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.
~Bill Watterson

What better occupation, really, than to spend the evening at the fireside with a book, with the wind beating on the windows and the lamp burning bright.
~Gustave Flaubert

To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.
~Victor Hugo

Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.
~Mary Schmich

If you don’t know the trees you may be lost in the forest, but if you don’t know the stories you may be lost in life.
~S. Elder

That perfect tranquility of life, which is nowhere to be found but in retreat, a faithful friend and a good library.
~Aphra Behn

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life.
~W. Somerset Maugham

There’s always room for a story that can transport people to another place.
~J.K. Rowling

A life without books is a thirsty life, and one without poetry is… like a life without pictures.
~Stephen King

I always read. You know how sharks have to keep swimming or they die? I’m like that. If I stop reading, I die.
~Patrick Rothfuss

Reading is very creative - it's not just a passive thing. I write a story; it goes out into the world; somebody reads it and, by reading it, completes it.
~Margaret Mahy

4 comments:

Rita said...

It is so important to teach kids to read. Opens up worlds and thoughts and creativity and curiosity. Great quotes. :)

Jeanie said...

These are all good ones, Tori!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I completely agree about kids and reading. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Glad you think so. :)