“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.”
~Dr. Seuss
*~*~*
“Nothing can do what a book can do. Lifts you out of your life… to a whole new world, whole new perspective. A book is like a dream you are borrowing from a friend.”
~Dave Kellet
*~*~*
“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.”
~J.K. Rowling
*~*~*
“We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth.”
~John Lubbock
*~*~*
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.”
~Emilie Buchwald
*~*~*
“Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.”
~Maya Angelou
*~*~*
“Knowing you have something good to read before bed is among the most pleasurable of sensations.”
~Vladimir Nabokov
*~*~*
“Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life.”
~Fernando Pessoa
*~*~*
“Time spent reading, like time spent loving, increases our lifetime.”
~Daniel Pennac
*~*~*
“BOOKS ARE THE PLANE, AND THE TRAIN, AND THE ROAD. THEY ARE THE DESTINATION, AND THE JOURNEY. THEY ARE HOME.”
~Anna Quindlen
4 comments:
Dr. Seuss -- I love him. Always have, always will!
Jeanie:
I've not actually read much of his books. I know they're standard for kids over there, but not so much over here. Loved what I've read of his though - books and quotes both.
I really like the Dr. Seuss and Maya Angelou quotes.
Danielle:
Good choices.
Post a Comment