Tuesday, November 03, 2020

The Nightmare Before Christmas #Book Tag - #Halloween #AmReading

I got this one from here a while ago, and it looked fun, so I thought I'd do it. As usual, I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to play along if you like.

Here are the questions, along with my own answers:

1. Sally- A book with a character who loves someone so much and actually gets them in the end.

SPOILER ALERT: I'm using a series rather than a single book, but... Vera Nazarian's "Atlantis Grail" series. I'm so jealous of Gwen Lark, because she gets to be with Aeson Kassiope.

2. Jack - A book with a character who longs for more.

"Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone" by J K Rowling. Harry certainly wants more than to be stuck with the Dursleys any longer, that's for sure. Though perhaps gets more than he bargained for.

3. Zero - A book with a loyal sidekick.

"Wolf Brother" - the first book in the "Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness" series, by Michelle Paver. In fact the whole series could count for this one. You can't get a more loyal friend than Wolf is to Torak.

4. Oogie Boogie - A book with one hell of a wicked villain.

I know I already mentioned the "Harry Potter " series in a previous answer, but... The best villain, in my opinion, is Belatrix Lestrange. She's crazy and cruel. What more could you want in a villain? I know she's not the main villain, but she's certainly the best in the series. Far scarier than Voldemort, if you ask me.

5. Halloween Town - A book that's creepy or has a scary theme.

Again, I know I've used a book by this author for an earlier question, but it has to be "Dark Matter" by Michelle Paver. It's the scariest/creepiest book I've ever read, and no doubt about it.

6. Christmas Town - A book that left you feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

"The Bear Father Christmas Forgot" by Diana Kimpton. Such a sweet Christmas story!

7. What's This? - A book that took you by surprise.

"Artemis" by Andy Weir. It wasn't an unpleasant surprise mind. I expected something like "The Martian" but it was quite different. Different in a good way, but still different, so a surprise.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

It's fun reading your ansewrs, even when I don't know the books!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
As long as you enjoy reading the posts, that's the main thing, and who knows... It might not happen, but you might even spot a book you want to look in to, and find a new read you enjoy among the new to you titles. :)