Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Phone call from the hospital

This afternoon, while Mam and I were sat on the sofa checking out a new recipe book and Kelly and Dad were fiddling on the computers, the phone rang. I answered it and the caller told me she was calling from the hospital where I go for my eye appointments, asked if I was me (if you know what I mean) and if she was correct that I was on a list for an op with the surgeon who's doing my op (luckily I remembered his name). I confirmed that I was me and I was on said list. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he's had a cancelation and she wanted to know if I could come in for my op TOMORROW!

So... I'm not allowed anything to eat or drink after 7:00 am tomorrow morning (I wont be eating after about midnight though, because I know from experience that eating up until the deadline isn't a good idea and usually results in being really sick after an op) and I've got to be at the hospital for 8:00 am tomorrow morning to have my op some time tomorrow (I think early afternoon).

All being well I should be coming home Friday (though I doubt I'll be up to blogging on Friday). But it depends how well I do after the op to when they'll actually let me come home. I hope I do get to come home Friday though. I don't want to be in the hospital longer than I "have to"... But, who would want to stay in longer than absolutely necessary anyway?

Knowing I'm hardly getting anything to eat tomorrow made the dinner Mam made tonight even more enjoyable than usual. LOL! She made steak, chips, egg, curried mushrooms and peas (Dad and Kelly didn't have the curried mushrooms though).

Tori

21 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Oh gosh that was sudden!!

*hugs*

Best wishes to you for the absolute speediest recovery and to be home again quickly!

LadyStyx said...

Awesome! Odd that they were going to allow you to eat and drink that close to your op time though. Generally they want an 8 hour fast in there so yes, it's good to not have anything after midnight.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Yeah, it was really sudden. I guess they are doing their best to do it quickly after all. :)

LadyStyx:
Yeah... That's what makes me think it's more likely to be that they want me in first thing but aren't actually doing the op until the afternoon. I'd rather play it safe though, 'cause the less I'm sick the quicker I'll get to come home. lol! :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i am so glad love that you are going to in hospital so soon, and me and grandad and jayde send all our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery,xxx

and i bet that dinner tasted better, and it sounded very-very nice, grandma xx

Liz said...

Tori I wish you good luck god speed and a quick recovery after your operation. and it looks like you will be fine for the wedding after all xx

whimsical brainpan said...

Wow, I know you wanted the operation soon but that was quick!

I hope all goes well. You'll be in my thoughts.

KAYLEE said...

OMG THATS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tori_z said...

Grandma, Auntie Lizzie, Whim & Kaylee:
Thanks for the comments. :)

KAYLEE said...

sending you thoughts!!!!!!!!!

Kati said...

Oh wow!!! I hope that surgery went home and you're feeling better today and heal quickly in time for Carl & Rachel's wedding.

Kati said...

*shaking head* Dang I'm ditzy with the typing today. Anyway, meant to say that I hope surgery went WELL and that you're home, etc, etc. (((((HUGS)))))

AliceKay said...

I hope things went well with your surgery and you're home recuperating now. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Just droppin in to say "hi" and leave some @>-->-- @>-->-- (flowers) for when you get back. I hope everything went well for you.
Bestest wishes.

Tori_z said...

Thanks all... Am home but not feeling up to lots of typing right now so will post and visit blogs soon.

Intense Guy said...

*hugs*

Welcome home Tori!!! Hope you feel all better soonest.

KAYLEE said...

Well i am glad you are home and doing okay tori :)

LadyStyx said...

YAY! Both Marmy and Tori are home now! *whew* I was going through withdrawal!!

AliceKay said...

I hope you're feeling better today, Tori. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. :)

LOL @ LadyStyx. :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

lovely to hear you are back home tori love, great big "HUGS " from me grandad & jayde, xxx

Tori_z said...

Thanks Grandma, Grandad and Jayde. :)