Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Today (Tuesday)

Haven't really done anything today because we made sure to keep today clear because someone was meant to come read our gas meter today, but they showed up yesterday instead. I'm not entirely happy about that because they never even gave us any warning that they were coming. They just showed up a day early expecting us to be in. I spacifically told them when it was arranged a few weeks ago that there was a chance I would be in hospital so would need to arrange for someone to be here and if they were coming on a different date I'd need to be informed so I could arrange for someone to be here on the right day (this was arranged before my eye appointment, so I didn't know what was happening with my op at that point... Not that I really do now, but still. lol). Luckily Kero's not allowed in B&Q and Asda (I could take him in as my service dog, but since he's got a habit of "marking" everything as his I don't think that's a good idea) so as it turned out Kelly and Kero were home. But that is so not the point! But... *Sigh*... Well, it's done now, isn't it? And what's done is done I suppose.

I am, however, really pleased with the R.N.I.B.'s customer service team at the moment. I guess they're sorting out the braille books I ordered. Anyway, with a couple of them that I ordered after the others I accidentally shut the browser while heading to the "checkout" page and had to go back in and do the order again. I only got one confirmation e-mail so I assumed I'd only placed one order for those particular books and didn't think any more of it since I only wanted one of each book, obviously. Anyway I got a call from the R.N.I.B. customer services people today asking me if I'd put in two orders intensionally or if I only wanted one of each book. I told them the duplicate order was an accident, so they said, "no problem," and scrapped the duplicate order so that it's only one of each book ordered. I was pleased because they'd phoned to ask me rather than just assuming I wanted both copies and charging me for them both then leaving me with spare copies of those two books. Mind you if they had done that then Carl would have probably enjoyed them anyway, since he - like me - enjoys the childrens' Christmas stories, and that's what those two books are. But I'm still glad they took the time to ask me if I meant to order two copies. :)

I'm afraid that pretty much covers my day today. Yeah, I know... Not the most interesting of days, eh? LOL!

Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Gasps!* Kero!!! you should know better then that!

I've always had female dogs, well, "fixed" female dogs from the humane society bacause of some of the things "guy" dogs do. :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

oh dear tori that would never do would it for kero to " mark " everything as his,lol.

and that was good of the rnib to get in touch with you.

LadyStyx said...

Typical males, Im tellin ya!

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Well, after Kero I think if we get any other dogs then I'm sticking to females too. I always thought it was only un neutered males who did that. Guess I was wrong. Kero's been neutered since he was about 7 months old, he's now 4 years old and still "marking" everything. He's good "sometimes" but since I never knew which times these will be... Better to be safe than sorry, you think?

Grandma:
Yes, it was good of them.

LadyStyx:
LMAO! :)