Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday's scribblings

It's actually a nice day today. The weather's been lousy most of the last couple of weeks, but the sun's decided to shine today. And it's a nice temperature too... Not sure what the temp is, but it's somewhere in the range where it's warm but not too hot.

Anyway...

I've been trying to work on some writing, but I can't seem to concentrate. I don't know if it's just because of everything that's going on right now (I'm assuming it is) but it's annoying. I have a few ideas, I just can't seem to get them down on paper properly. Hopefully after the wedding and my op are over with I'll be able to concentrate better.

And - speaking of my op - I got a letter on Saturday confirming that I'm on the list for the op. Not sure why they send these letters out. Maybe they think people will forget they're on a list for an op? LOL! Anyway, it's "usually" only about six weeks (give or take) after recieving this letter that letters for appointments and operations arrive. So - all being well - I "should" get my letter about the date of the op a couple of weeks after coming home from Carl and Rachel's wedding. If this is the case then it should be early to mid September that I have the op. I'd hoped sooner, but I've got to wait for them to be ready... *Sigh*... Well, at least it will be all over with before my birthday and Christmas. And, you never know, they might - if I get lucky - decide to do the op at the very end of August. Yeah, I know that's wishful thinking. But I just want it over with so I can get on with the rest of my life.

On the subject of hospital trips...

MarmiteToasty is going back in to hospital tomorrow (Monday). Things really aren't going well with her leg. I hope this time they can sort it out and she can get on with recovery. Anyway, I'm mentioning it on my blog because I'm sure she'd appreciate any thoughts and prayers sent her way for things to go as planned this time.

*Sends hugs, get well wishes, positive thoughts, etc to Marmite Toasty*

And, I hope everyone else who's not been too well lately is feeling better soon too. *Sends hugs, get well wishes and positive thoughts to those people as well* Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Tori

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm sure once you get a couple of things off your plate, Tori, you'll be able to get your thoughts down on paper. *hugs*

*sends well wishes and positive thoughts to MarmiteToasty as well*

LadyStyx said...

I hear ya. Been a little outta sorts here too but I suspect I know what it is and there aint much I can do about it. Really need to sit down and get an entry done one of these days....

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

Hope you can put aside the waiting for the operation and simply enjoy the wedding and all its attendent happiness.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

you will get yourself sorted out once your op is over love, then you will be able to concentrate a lot more.

and big hugs and prayers as well as possitive thoughts for " marmite toasty".

KAYLEE said...

TORi i am doing well either


***WISHES TO MARMITETOASTY********

whimsical brainpan said...

I think sometimes the mind just needs a break. You have a lot going on, concentrate on that and the words will come back when you are ready. I hope you can get your operation in August like you want.

Kati said...

I hope that the dr's can fit your surgery in sooner, though not so soon (now) as to complicate matters for you attending the wedding.

(((((HUGS))))) Have a FABULOUS week, Tori!

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. :)

Kaylee:
Hope you're feeling better soon. *hugs*

theteacher said...

They send out all these letters for 2 reasons.
1) To waste money.
2) To make you feel even worse when you forget!

Tori_z said...

Rachel:
I like that answer. And the funny thing is it may even be the truth. LOL!