Thursday, July 24, 2008

The stray dog article

When I was at the hospital waiting to fill out all the paperwork and such, my Mam got bored and found a magazine in the day room to read. She read out some of the funny little stories that readers sent in. One in particular stuck in my memory and I thought it was sweet and funny. So - just 'cause I can - I've decided to share it.

I think the magazine it was in was called "Take A Break" or, if not, it was one of the ones simular to that magazine. Anyway... This is how the little story went:

"My Grandaughter, Olivia, was visiting me one day when a stray dog came in to the yard. Olivia went to run out to see it, but I stopped her and told her that, 'that dog might not like five year old children.' Smiling brightly, Olivia replied, 'that's OK. I'll go out there and tell him I'm six.'"

Like I said, I thought it was sweet and kinda funny, so I thought I'd share it.

Tori

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

Very sweet. Children are so innocent. Thanks for making me smile today, Tori. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

LOL!

That's a charming little story. Thanks Tori! It put a smile on my face!

Tori_z said...

AK & Iggy:
It made me smile too... Right at a time when I needed something to do that. So I'm glad it did the same to the two of you. I'd hoped my sharing it would put a smile on someone's face. :)