Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Tangled Threads" by Margret Dickenson

I had trouble sleeping last night. No valid reason for it. I guess I just had one of those nights where you just can't sleep. Of course, the fact I seem to have gotten in to the habit of taking a nap in the afternoon probably had something to do with it. I think I've ended up in that vicious cycle where you take a nap so can't sleep come bed time, which - of course - means you need a nap the next day. Then you just go through the same thing over and over again. *Sigh*

Anyway, since I couldn't sleep, I decided to listen to another of the audio books I have that I haven't listened to yet. This one was "Tangled Threads" by Margret Dickenson. It was about a young woman named "Eveline" (I think that's how you spell her name) for whom nothing seemed to go right. Both my Grandma and my Nan have listened to it and enjoyed it (which I think was the reason my Nan got it for me when she saw it). I enjoyed it too. It was a bit sad in places, but a great book.

Tori

5 comments:

Celticspirit said...

I also had trouble sleeping last night. Maybe it was the heat. It's been so very hot there and the air conditioner can only do so much towards making it cool. I like your idea of listening to the audio book. Sometimes when I'm awake at night I listen to Hayhouseradio.com which is spiritual (not religious) radio for the soul. Or I listen to a meditation cd. I bought some new ones and they are great and help me get into a really deep sleep.

AliceKay said...

Sorry you couldn't sleep last night. Maybe you need to pass up on the nap one day so you can get back into the schedule of sleeping well at night. I hope you can get a better night's sleep tonight. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

Barb:
Yes, the heat could have been an issue. We don't have AC (some places over here do, but most rented places don't) but we have got a fan. Like you said though, it can only do so much.

I often listen to audiobooks or read for a bit before attempting sleep. I usually read or listen to at least a little bit of a book before bed every night, but sometimes I'm either too tired to do so, or I can't sleep at all so I listen to more than just a bit. LOL!

AK:
I'm trying that today. I need to get back in the habit of sleeping at night. I was letting myself take the naps because I was so tired after the op. I made my nap earlier yesterday, which meant I didn't sleep as long and was up earlier. So I'm hoping that since doing that meant I slept some last night then I can skip the nap today and "hopefully" sleep tonight. Though it doesn't always work that way. Still, it's worth a try, right? :)

LadyStyx said...

I've gotten the same way. I dont sleep well and then nod off. I dont go in and purposefully take a nap...I just crash right there in my office chair (sometimes in mid-project or watching a movie) and next thing I know, it's an hour later. Really ticks me off because I KNOW I wont sleep well that night....

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
*Nods* Yep. That happens to me a lot. The trouble is I can fall asleep just about anywhere (sprained my wrist after falling asleep on a pile of Lego I was playing with once) so when I'm VERY tired I can't stay in one spot too long or I fall asleep.