Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Potato puppy

My Mam and Dad came for dinner today as usual. The only difference was that Dad and I helped Mam with the dinner this week since - despite what she says - Mam's still not feeling too great, and we all thought she should take it easy today.

Anyway...

I peeled and chopped the potatoes before they arrived, but an onion needed to be done and Dad said he'd do that since it would irritate my eye too much. Anyway, my veg goes in the veg drawer in the fridge, so Dad went in there to get an onion. And this is what he found in with the potatoes.



I've decided to name him Spud. I think that's an appropriate name for a potato puppy, don't you? :)

Spud is back in the drawer with the rest of the potatoes now. We did consider sending him to one of those people who collect animal shaped vegetables, but - despite his striking resemblance to a Cocker Spaniel - we decided we'd just put him back in the drawer and eat him for dinner on the weekend. LOL! Not before taking his photo though, of course! :)

Tori

11 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

WOW thats some "puppy spud" isnt it, and fancy putting "spud" back in the veg draw to be eaten at a later date,:(,lol.

Intense Guy said...

LOL

It looks sort of like a snoopy dog to me! :) I bet Spud is like one of my parent's dogs... never comes when it is called.

KAYLEE said...

I love that name. Is your mam okay now? I am worried now. Hope everything is okay. I am getting there.

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Well, we don't want to just let him go rotten, do we? LOL!

Iggy:
*Nods* Yeah, he reminds me of Snoopy too. And the actual breed of dog Snoopy most resembles is a Cocker Spaniel.

The only trick Spud knows is "Stay"... He's really good at that one. :)

Kaylee:
She'll be OK. She's going for scans and such soon to be totally sure. That's all I know right now though.

Try not to worry, it wont do you any good. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

LOL @ iggy...sat here typing my response out before reading the other comments and I look up to see iggy's response was just like mine! I, too, felt it bore a striking resemblance to Snoopy. *looks around for Woodstock*

Intense Guy said...

I think they ate Woodstock on Sunday, July 6th. I think the menu called "him", roast chicken.

Tori_z said...

LOL @ LadyStyx & Iggy!

Yep, we ate Woodstock on Sunday. LOL!

AliceKay said...

Yep, looks like Snoopy to me, too. (Snoopy is a beagle tho)

Tori_z said...

AK:
Oh, is that what Snoopy's meant to be? *Shrugs* He looks more like a Spaniel to me. Or maybe it's because I've seen a lot more Spaniels than Beagles in my life? (Which wouldn't be hard since I've never - to my knowledge - seen a Beagle "in the fur"... I've seen photos of them, and seen them on TV, but that's it. Where as my Mam had a Spaniel, and one lives upstairs...)

Intense Guy said...

Dear Diary,

On this day in history, a couple friends of mine discussed what breed of dog an admittedly unusual shaped potato was.

I, for one, will never ever say, "Now, I've seen everything."

Tori_z said...

LOL @ Iggy