Friday, October 01, 2010

Kero's korner: vet trip - Sept 2010

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

Well, guess what? There I was, enjoying myself having lots of quality time with Mami, Dadi and Mamgu, and thinking what a great week this has been for me this week. Then we got to Wednesday.

It started off nice enough. Mami and Mamgu told me I was going for a car ride - and car rides are nice - so we got in the car and drove off. We stopped near the park that's in town, which I thought was great. It's not my favourite park, but it's a nice place for walkies. But when I excitedly said, "park, park," Mamgu said that wasn't where I was going. I gave her a "what are you talking about?" look, and that was when she told me we were going to the vet. I thought, "well, why are we at the park then?" Only... Then I looked out of the other car window, and that's when I realized that the vet building was the other side of where we had parked. I begged, whimpered, yapped... I tried every trick I knew, but all I got in response was, "sorry, but you have to have your jabs." Mami tried telling me that it was so I didn't get sick and need lots of vet trips, but at that moment in time I wasn't convinced the jabs were worth it, since I know from experience that you can still end up sick (though Mami says it would be worse without my jabs).

I kept up my protest while we were waiting to be seen (Mami and Mamgu said they were glad I was the first appointment that day) then Mami had to literally drag me in to the vet room, because I wouldn't let her pick me up, and wasn't going in without a fight. She won in the end though, but she's a lot bigger than me, so what do you expect? I'm only a small dog! Sure, there are smaller dogs than me, but I'm definately in the smaller scale rather than larger scale. Now, Willow might have won (I heard it took four people to get her in the room last time) but I'm small enough that the humans are stronger.

Anyway, I had my jabs, the vet gave me a checkup, and then Mami took me outside while Mamgu paid the bill. After that I came home. The humans say they would have taken me to the park, only it was raining way too much (I'm not big on walkies when it's pouring with rain).

I was a big boy when we were in the room though, and I didn't yelp when I had my jab. Perhaps it was the effects of the pride I was feeling after the vet gave me my checkup and was surprised that I'm almost six and a half years old? He seemed sure I was younger than that.

OK, this will do for this week.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

6 comments:

Rita said...

Glad you don't look your age and didn't cry when you got your shots. That was tricky of the humans, tho. Happy that the rest of the week was without incident.

I hate surprises. I hate change.
Love, Karma

Toriz said...

Kero said...

I'm with you there, Karma!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

The Wife O Riley said...

Way to go being a big boy!! My kids could learn a few things from you!

Intense Guy said...

Those sneaky, sneaky humans!!!

This is escalating out of hand! :)

Hope you find a way to exact your revenge!

AliceKay said...

Those jabs will be helpful in the long run. I'm glad you were a big boy and didn't fuss once you were inside the exam room. I bet your Mami was very proud of you for that.

Way to go on looking younger than you are. :)

Toriz said...

Kero said...


Thanks Wifey and AK!

Iggy:
Yeah, I'm sure I can think of something. And, yes, the humans are sneaky, aren't they?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero