Saturday, February 19, 2011

Alice in Wonderland

"Alice, an unpretentious and individual 19-year-old, is betrothed to a dunce of an English nobleman. At her engagement party, she escapes the crowd to consider whether to go through with the marriage and falls down a hole in the garden after spotting an unusual rabbit. Arriving in a strange and surreal place called "Underland," she finds herself in a world that resembles the nightmares she had as a child, filled with talking animals, villainous queens and knights, and frumious bandersnatches. Alice realizes that she is there for a reason--to conquer the horrific Jabberwocky and restore the rightful queen to her throne."

(Above taken from this page).

I have only one thing to say about this movie.... It's fantastic! And the collection of actors in it... Well, I've never recognized so many actor/actress names from one movie in my entire life. Take a look at the cast list on the above link and you'll see what I mean, I'm sure!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

You can't miss with a movie with Johnny Depp in it. This is a movie I have been wanting to watch and keep forgetting about. Now that I've seen your review, it is a must see!

Have a wonderful weekend Tori.

Rita said...

I love Johnny Depp, too! I have this one in my Netflix queue. Looking forward to it. :):)

AliceKay said...

I had forgotten about the number of well-known actors and actresses until I saw them in the movie. I thought this movie was a little too strange. I'm not sure I'd want to watch it again, but I'm glad you liked it.

Toriz said...

Deanna & Rita:
I hope you enjoy it when you watch it! :)

AK:
Fair enough. Mind you, I like strangeness and a certain amount of nonsense, so that's probably why I enjoyed the movie so much. ;)

Intense Guy said...

Ah Johnny Depp Monny Smepp... I could watch Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter for hours and hours and hours... Mia Wasikowska is quite watchable too!

:)

Toriz said...

*Chuckles at Iggy's comment*