Thursday, February 17, 2011

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

"The world famous singing pre-teen chipmunk trio return to contend with the pressures of school, celebrity, and a rival female music group known as The Chipettes."

"Pop sensations Alvin, Simon and Theodore end up in the care of Dave Seville's twenty-something nephew Toby. The boys must put aside music super stardom to return to school, and are tasked with saving the school's music program by winning the $25,000 prize in a battle of the bands. But the Chipmunks unexpectedly meet their match in three singing chipmunks known as The Chipettes -- Brittany, Eleanor and Jeanette. Romantic and musical sparks are ignited when the Chipmunks and Chipettes square off."

(Above taken from this page).

The movie was fantastic, but not quite as good as the first one. Still, it was good enough that I watched it several times, so it can't have been too bad, can it? Seriously... It is a pretty good movie. Just - as I said - not quite as good as the first one. But that's how it often works witth sequels, isn't it?

8 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I haven't seen the first Alvin movie. Nor this one. If it is ever on TV for free, I'll watch it probably but I don't want to put the movie theater money out on that kind of movie. Paying to see Garfield was so disappointing!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
I almost never pay to go to watch a movie. I have Sky TV, which has movie channels on it, and I watch most movies when they come on those channels. The only time I've been to the movies in the past year or so has been for the Harry Potter movie that was out back in November, but I've seen LOADS of movies via the TV.

Rita said...

Never have seen one of the chipmunks movies, but used to watch the originals when they were on TV when I was little. I had to google them--says they started in 1958 when I would have been seven. Looks like they have made several versions since then. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
I used to watch the animated version (or one of them) when I was a kid too.

AliceKay said...

You just gotta love Alvin, Simon and Theodore. :) I liked this movie, too.

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad you liked the movvie... Yep, you gotta love those furry little guys! :)

Intense Guy said...

I often wish I could sing as good as any of the chipmunks.

:)

Toriz said...

Iggy:1 :)