Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weather, walks, courses, crafts and werewolves

It's actualy sunny today. Not particularly warm - in fact, not warm at all - but at least the rain is taking a break, and the wind isn't doing its impression of a pack of howling wolves.

Kero and I took advantage of the reasonably nice - though cold - weather to go for a decent walk. Kelly didn't really want to come (he'd hardly gotten out of bed when we were ready to go), but he walked us to the gate then met us back there again so as to guide me around the scaffolding. I think if we'd waited until later to go he might have actually joined us for the walk, but I didn't want to wait because I wanted to go for the walk before it decided to rain (just in case). Plus, it was early on a Sunday morning, which means not many people around, where as there are usually more people about in the afternoons on a Sunday (on a Sunday morning most people seem to either sleep in or go to church, so around 9:30 am on a Sunday morning there aren't that many people out for walks). I don't mind meeting people while I'm on a walk as such, but it's so much easier to enjoy the walk when it's not interupted, or when I don't have to navigate around small children who are riding their little trikes up and down the path.

***

I've so far gotten all the parts for my courses. A couple of them did try getting themselves marked as spam, but I had them marked as "not spam" and then it was all fine. The Vegetarian Eating course is completed, because it's only got four parts to it, I have all the Alternative Medicine course sections because I was only missing the first part from before, but the other three are still needing lessons to be sent. The Yoga and Storytelling ones will be finished in the next couple of days though, so then it will just be a matter of getting the ones I'm missing from the Creative Writing one. I think that one is 20 parts, I had lessons 2, 4, 5, 9, 10 and 12 from before, and now have lessons 1, 3 and 6 too. Lesson 7 should be in my inbox when I get up in the morning (assuming I sleep at night tonight). Anyway, by this time next week I "should" have all the Yoga and Storytelling lessons (and have officially finished the Alternative Medicine course again), and have another week left of the Creative Writing lessons.

It's lucky really that it's just a case of them giving me all the lessons and me doing the stuff in my own time, because I'm behind on doing stuff for the courses. I knew I would be, but since I knew the courses can just be done in my own time then that's why I decided to go ahead and sign up for all five at once... While I had Kelly on hand for word verification. There are a couple of others that I "might" do in the future too, but I figured five were enough to keep track of whether I had all the lessons for at one time. Anyway, I do read the lessons every day when they get to me (or when I come online and find them) but am behind on doing the actual work parts. Like I said though, it doesn't matter because of how they work (the work is for my own benifit and doesn't need to be submitted), and I did know it would be the case before I signed up for them all. Once I have all the parts they're mine and I can do them in my own time, and I can share any parts of my work that I want to with you on here. That probably wont be much - if anything - from the Vegetarian Eating, Alternative Medicine and Yoga courses mind you, since most of them are either information only, or involve things that would be difficult to share to say the least... Such as meditation exercises.

***

I've finished my blanket. Kelly helped me to get a photo of it, so I'll post that when I can. Actually, that's part of why I'm behind on the courses... Been knitting instead. Partly because I didn't have much choice though. The workmen have been working from quite early in the morning until dinner time, and they make so much noise I couldn't hear Jaws speaking to do anything involving the use of the computer, and meditating is completely out of the question with that noise! But I can knit, so that's what I've been doing. Anyway, I've finished my blanket, and have now started working on my next project, which is a sort of decorative throw. My Mam wants one for the back of her sofa, and I have some wool that I want to use in the basic colours she wants it in, so I agreed to knit it for her now that I've finally finished knitting my blanket. It's the same as knitting a blanket. Actually, she's asked me to do the same as I did for Max's blanket, only she obviously wants different colours, and we're calling it a throw.

Speaking of which... I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but Pia loved Max's blanket. Also, she showed it to Emilee (her little girl, who is almost 6) and told her that the person who made it was blind. And what did Emilee say? "Well, she's cleverer than you, Mummy." LOL! I now officially love that kid! ;)

***

Dad was here again Friday, and we had a roleplaying session in which we played Werewolves.

It was a fun session, though a bit confusing for me since I'd had no experience with the system, and since it's similar to another that I sat in for a couple of sessions with it was assumed that I knew what I was doing. Mind you, I'm just as much at fault for not saying anything, but I'd kind of assumed there would be a bit of an explanation before we got started. Anyway, I was just starting to get the hang of things when that familiar feeling of, "I need to go to sleep," showed up. In all fairness it was around 9:00 pm by that time. So Dad went home, and I went to bed. And, guess what? I got in to bed and was suddenly wide awake... Figures! It turned out to be around 1:00 am before I finally went to sleep. Actually, a bit before that, but I'm not entirely sure how much before... I remember it being 12:30 am, and I remember I was awake for a bit after that. But I know I was asleep by 1:00 am, because I had the TV on quietly, and CSI was on, and I know I didn't see the end of the episode that had started at midnight.

Anyway... I enjoyed the werewolf session... Despite being rather confused for most of the session - until I got the hang of things - and despite the fact I was a bit disappointed to discover that my change from human form to werewolf form depended on the luck of a dice roll, and had to be repeated after a certain amount of time. I was hoping I could just say, "OK, I'm turning in to werrewolf form," and then I'd done it and could get on with doing other stuff. Ah well, you can't have everything, I guess.

***

I'm going to let this do for today. Stay safe, and enjoy whatever's left of your weekend!

5 comments:

Rita said...

I'm glad you and Kero got out for a nice long walk. :)

I can see why you ordered all the courses when you can do them at your own pace like that. Nice.

Can hardly wait to see pictures of your blanket. You do such nice work. And now you've got another project, too. Well, it's a good thing to keep busy with when the workmen are there, that's for sure. (Emilee was sure cute!)

Maybe next time you play Werewolves you can ask more questions, if you need to. Sounds like you know a lot more about it now than you did.

I hate when I lay down feeling sooo tired and then I can't sleep. Glad you finally did get some sleep, anyways. :)

Have a great week!!

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you and Kero were able to get that walk. I hope those workers finish their job soon and get that scaffolding down so you and Kero can go out on your own like you used to.

I hope you enjoy your courses. I don't think I could focus enough these days to do something like that.

Can't wait to see the pic of your blanket. I'm sure you did a nice job. So happy to hear Pia loved the one you knitted for Max.

Enjoy the sunshine. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
I'm glad we got out for that walk too! :)


Yes, it's nice to not have to have deadlines and stuff... And they're free too! :)

Yep, definately useful for when the workmen are making too much noise for me to do anything else (or when I want to watch a movie properly, so don't want to be trying to hear both Jaws and the movie at the same time, which is difficult to say the least).

Good thing with the Werewolf game is that I'm married to the GM, so I can ask Kelly some questions before the next session. I could have before, but I wasn't too sure what to ask before hand, so when he asked if I had any questions, I didn't think I did. That's why I say it was as much my fault. He could have offered up the information, but I could have asked for it. Still, as you said, I know a bit more now, so that helps a bit.


My sleep has been weird lately, but at least I've been getting a couple of hours within each 24 hour period... That in itself is a huge achievement!

AK:
I hope they do too! They're giving me a headache, and I miss my proper walks!

Actually, that's the good ting about these ones... If you can't focus on them at the time, you can just save - or print out, or both - the course work, then do it another time.

I was happy Pia liked Max's blanket so much too!

Intense Guy said...

I hope those dudes making all the noise go away soon!!!

Its impossible to work that way and you got so many things to do!

I think Emilee knows what she is talking about. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy! :)