Thursday, February 10, 2011

Annie

"In the depths of the 1930's, Annie is a fiery young orphan girl who must live in a miserable orphanage run by the tyrannical Miss Hannigan. Her seemingly hopeless situation changes dramatically when she is selected to spend a short time at the residence of the wealthy munitions industrialist, Oliver Warbucks. Quickly, she charms the hearts of the household staff and even the seemingly cold-hearted Warbucks cannot help but learn to love this wonderful girl. He decides to help Annie find her long lost parents by offering a reward if they would come to him and prove their identity. However, Miss Hannigan, her evil brother, Rooster, and a female accomplice, plan to impersonate those people to get the reward for themselves which put Annie in great danger."

(Above taken from here).

I've seen both the 1982 version (linked to above) and the 1999 version of Annie loads of times. I think they're both really good. I can't remember if I reviewed them before or not, but I couldn't find any reviews when I looked in my old posts, so here you go. Like I said, they're both really good.

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I liked the original version of "Annie". I don't remember ever seeing the 1999 version. From looking thru the cast list, tho, it looks like it would be a good one.

Rita said...

I've seen them both and I think, when push comes to shove, that despite the great cast in the second one, I prefer the old version. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
You should watch the other version.

Rita:
Fair enough! :)

Intense Guy said...

Ive never seen nor read the book - I only know about little orphan annie from what has rubbed off culturally.

Sounds like there is always an evil good for nothing someone in this world to interefere with someone doing something "nice". I hope it worked out in the end!