Friday, February 18, 2011

Furkid Friday: guinea pig grumbles (kinda FD)

Hi there humans, this is Gwydion here.

The humans say I've been a little brat in the past week or so, because I've learned a new trick they don't like. It involves me picking up my dry food bowl in my teeth and slamming it down on the floor of my cage - sometimes tipping it over in the meantime - so that the food tips out of it on to the floor of my cage. My plan is that if my bowl is empty the humans will take pity on me and fill it with extra veggies or something. It's not working though. The first couple of times - before she figured out what I'd actually done - Mami put fresh dry food in my bowl, but after she figured out why my bowl was empty she just started telling me to, "quit being such a brat," and that if I was going to do that I could put up with eating the food from the floor of my cage. I tell you, these humans are very difficult to work with! Why can't a guinea pig get proper treatment these days?

If that wasn't bad enough, my naps are being interupted by some very - and I do mean VERY - noisy humans who are doing stuff outside. I don't know - or care - what they're doing out there, but I wish they'd quit so that I can get my 18 hours or so of sleep a day... Which I need to stay as handsome as I am! Kero's not impressed with his naps keep being interupted either. Nor with the fact those humans have caused him to have to have that "lead" thing on every time he even wants to go in the garden for a few minutes.

OK, those noisy humans have gone quiet for a moment, so I'm going to take advantage of the peace to get a nap in. Not sure how much of one I'll get before they come back to make more noise, but I'll get what sleep I can while I can.

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

9 comments:

Deanna said...

You need those 18 hours of sleep so you can stay sharp and keep one step ahead of those humans, don't ya Gwyd...

Hope those noisy humans get their job done and get out of there so you and Kero can have some peace and quiet.

Furry Bottoms said...

You're a smart little bugger aren't you? That food dish trick, ach. I agree, you need your 18 hours of sleep to stay a step ahead of your humans!

AliceKay said...

I hope those humans hurry up and finish their work so everyone can get back to their regular daily (and nightly) routine. (how was the nap?)

Rita said...

Humans never do like food or drink spillage. I have no doubt you can still find your dry food on the floor of your cage, but if you keep doing that you might find they give you less to toss about--hehe! Sounds like you need a stick to chew on or something. ;)

Having sleep time interrupted is most annoying. Karma and I both hate it, too. :)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Deanna:
Yes, I really do need all that sleep!

Nikki:
Thank you... Yes, I am very smart!

AK:
It was a very nice nap... Thanks for asking!

Rita:
I have loads of stuff to chew on... Shaped wood chews, toilet rolls stuffed with hay, a chewy stick which is basically a wood chew covered in treat stuff with a clip on it so it can clip on the side of my cage, and chunky guinea pig treats... But it's fresh veggies I'm after. I love my veggies, and no matter what else I have in my cage I want them all the time. I get a big dish full given to me each afternoon (Mami gives dry food in the morning, veggies in the afternoon) but I don't think that's enough. Mami says you can just look at what a tubby piggy I am to know I'm getting enough food, but I disagree. I think I should be given an unlimited supply of fresh veggies, and that the humans are mean to say otherwise!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Rita said...

Aha! It's the veggies thou craves. Sorry to tell you this, but Mami knows best. ;)

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Rita:
I was afraid you'd say that!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Intense Guy said...

*giggles at the comments left by the hoomans"

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Iggy:
Yes, humans are funny sometimes!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion