Wednesday, February 09, 2011

No internet meant no post

I usually like to have a post on my blog every day, and on days when I know there's a chance I wont be around to do a post, I usually schedule a post from one of the ones I have in draft. Only, I didn't do that for yesterday. It's not because I had nothing to post - I have LOADS of movie and book reviews saved that I need to get posted - it's just that I had planned to come on to post, but doing so was impossible, and by the time I thought that maybe I should have set up one of the reviews for yesterday, I was powerless to do anything about it. Why? Well, because we had no internet connection yesterday, so I couldn't get online. Actually, we did "sort of" have an internet connection, only... Well, we've changed providers for our TV and internet, and the day for switching over was yesterday. I didn't give it a thought in the morning and concentrated more on doing things around the house. Then - about lunch time - I was about to go online to come and post something, then... Well, there was a beeping sound from our old modem, and no more internet access. No big deal... Time to swap modems then? So, we plug in the new one and... Nothing! To cut a long story short, it took until this afternoon to get the new one sorted out properly, in the meantime I had no way to get online. It turned out to be a settings issue due to us being given the wrong username and password information for the setting up process. It seems to be working now though. Well, it better be, or I'd like to know how I'm managing to post this. ;)

I'll post more another day. I've spent so much time on the computer trying to sort out the internet that I really don't feel much like being on here right now. Besides, I'm listening to a set of books I had from my Dad for Christmas, and I'm enjoying them so much that I'm desperate to get back to listening to the story. I think how involved I am in the story is partly to blame for my not thinking about sorting a post for yesterday. It really is a good story though. I'm so in to it that since Sunday night I've listened to the first three books in the set, and I'm half way through book four. There are six books in the series, but I - unfortunately - only have five out of the six books. Anywayy, I'll tell you about the series another time. I guess I'll add the review to the queue of posts waiting to be published. I will get to those... Eventually! ;)


Anyway... Enjoy whatever's left of your day... Stay safe and warm! :)

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Internet problems have a way of hitting you when you least expect them to. I'm glad you got it all sorted out now. Can't wait to hear about this series of books that has captured your interest. :)

The sun is shining here at the moment so that's a good thing, but it's bitter cold out there with the wind.

Rita said...

I hate internet problems! So glad you are back. Can hardly wait to hear about this book series. :)

Toriz said...

AK & Rita:
I've finished the five books I have from the series, and written the review for them. The post is in the queue to be published at some point in the not too distant future.

Intense Guy said...

Is this a case of more ineptitude from Internet providers? Wrong username and password? Sheesh.

As a "computer guy" this is the sort of thing that makes me want to slap someone.

Glad you are back on line now though!