Monday, February 07, 2011

Up

"A young Carl Fredrickson meets a young adventure spirited girl named Ellie. They both dream of going to a Lost Land in South America. 70 years later, Ellie has died. Carl remembers the promise he made to her. Then, when he inadvertently hits a construction worker, he is forced to go to a retirement home. But before they can take him, he and his house fly away. However he has a stowaway aboard. An 8 year old boy named Russell, who's trying to get an Assisting the Elderly badge. Together, they embark on an adventure, where they encounter talking dogs, an evil villain and a rare bird named Kevin."

(Above taken from here).

This movie was made to look better than it was. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty good movie, but I thought - by the clips I'd seen of it - that it would be awesome. It definately wasn't awesome. It was good, but that's it.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

It was a bit overhyped and as such it was impossible for it to live up to its billing - but I enjoyed it. I identified with both Carl (wonder why) and Russell.

:)

Furry Bottoms said...

That is what happens when they only show the best parts during the previews and commercials. They left nothing to the imagination.

Toriz said...

*Nods in agreement with both Iggy & Nikki*

AliceKay said...

I loved this movie. I bought the dvd when it came out and have watched it a couple of times.

The old man looked a lot like Joe Paterno as far as profile and he way they had him move. Karen didn't like my comparison, but he was a dead ringer for JoePa. :)

Rita said...

I liked this one. Kind of sadly sweet and total fantasy. :)

Toriz said...

AK & Rita:
I'm glad you both enjoyed the movie! :)