Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Course related chatter

From what I can gather the site I was getting my courses from (E-Mail College) was temporarily suspended because of late payment for their domain name or something like that. Anyway, it's up and running again so I figured I'd have another go with signing up for those courses. So I'm now signed back up for the following courses:

Fairy Tales
Fantasy & Sci Fi Worlds
Fantasy Genre - An Introduction
Fantasy Novel Writing
Film Reviewing
Flash Fiction
Freewriting A Book
Getting Your Non-Fiction Published
Ghost Writing
Gothic Fiction

And I also signed up for their course on Greeting Card Writing.

I figure I may as well try them again since they're back up and running. I mean, I would like to get all the courses I want from them (which is most of them, if I'm honest). But, the lessons either come or they don't. We'll see. Of course, with all but the Greeting Card Writing one I have the first 7 days of them - since I hadn't gotten around to deleting them; which I'm glad about now (or will be if I do manage to get the rest, because of sorting them in to text documents) - but it would be nice to have the lot (especially with those couple that only have 8 lessons, meaning I'm only a lesson short). The first 3 lessons for each have shown up anyway; the first Sunday, the 2nd yesterday, the 3rd today. So that's a good start. Let's hope that from now on we don't get any issues and I can collect the rest.

Anyway...

While that site was down, I found a free 3 day writing course on Creative Writing Now, so I signed up for that too, and now I have those lessons as well. The course was called "Endless Story Ideas" and - like I said - was a free 3 day course.

That site also has some free writing tips and story starters. It does also have a few other courses which I haven't signed up for because they appear to cost money, and - while they aren't all that expensive - I want to avoid paying out money I don't need to. Enough of it needs to get paid out right now as it is! Besides, even if I don't end up getting the rest of those courses from e-mail college, I have several to be getting on with, and a few ideas bouncing about in my head of their own free will. And I think my struggle to fit everything in to my day that I want to most days shows I'm not exactly stuck for things to do these days, between craft projects, the courses I have, walks with the dogs, household chores, various writing projects, etc... Well, I'm not bored, that's for sure! ;)

12 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

You are going to be busy, m'luv. This is quite the load!

Toriz said...

Mags:
Yeah, good thing is I don't have deadlines other than those I set myself, so if I need a break I can take one. :)

AliceKay said...

Yes, it certainly sounds like you have enough there to keep you busy. LOL (i got tired just reading that list of yours)

Hope you have a good Tuesday. I'm off to work now. *hugs*

The Coexist Cafe said...

Phew, what a schedule! I'm sure you'll do very well, though. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
LOL! Well, I wouldn't take so many at once if I had to do the homework every day. ;)

Stephanie:
Yeah, it does look like a lot. Like I said though, I grabbed so many only because I can do them in my own time. Also, some of the work will work for more than one course.

Intense Guy said...

Ghost Writing? ...is this pretend you are a Ghost while you write, writing about Ghosts, or writing a book as someone else?

Ahh.. I see... I can click the linky and findy outy...

:) Now I knows.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
*Chuckles* The "writing as someone else" kind. Though I had the same thoughts as you when I first saw the course title. *Grins*

Rita said...

I'm glad they are back online and didn't disappear. :) And you found a couple other free writing classes, too. Plenty to keep you busy!

I guess I can see you writing things like fairy tales or fantasy, too. Very best of luck with your classes. :):)

Toriz said...

Rita:
I'm glad they're back up and running too. :)

Well, I'm collecting all of the courses, and plan on doing the work for them all (just for the fun of it). I have to admit though that it's the children's stories and fairytales that I'm most eager to be working on. And maybe a few bits of random flash fiction.

Deanna said...

Iggy is so silly :)

All of these couses sound like a lot of fun! Am looking forward to seeing a story or two! There is nothing like a good fairy tale!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Yes, he is; I love the way his mind works though! ;)

And, I agree; there's nothing like a good fairytale! :)

LadyStyx said...

*chuckles @ iggy*

Glad the site's back up, though.