Monday, February 13, 2012

Random question: the way love works

"If I lose the weight I need to lose, will you love what's left of me more?"

That was the question I asked Kelly the other day; for no other reason than because it popped in to my head and I was curious about what the answer might be (which, I think, is a good reason for asking a question).

The thing is...

Love expands and envelopes all as needed. So, I was wondering... If you love someone who's on the large side - weight wise - and said person loses the weight, would you love what there is of the person more? Does love work like a blanket; remaining the same size - though able to be added to if needs be - and wrapping around the person an extra time or two (covering them in extra layers of love)? Or does it work like skin; keeping an even layer of love on each part of the person, but stretching and shrinking as required to maintain that amount of love for each part?

9 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Interesting question and an interesting perpective you put on it.

I suspect that actual and true "Love" is "size-blind" for it is focused on what it inside.

Rita said...

It shouldn't matter what size you are. I agree with Iggy. It's what's inside. :)

How do you measure love, anyways?

Deanna said...

Now that sure got me thinking. The way I see it is that Love is ever changing, depending on many things - age, time, emotions, dependency. Hopefully it grows stronger as the years pass - as our outer beauty changes, we maybe gain in inner beauty. I'm not sure if that makes sense. But I feel that even though I'm not the pretty little thing Jim Married 40 years ago, he loves me more beccause I am me. Isn't that what true love is all about? And you, Tori, are definitely beautiful.

AliceKay said...

I tend to agree with what the others have said, but I was wondering...what was Kelly's reply?

Magaly Guerrero said...

I would love them just the same. I would applaud the fact that they are trying to get healthier, but my love wouldn't be altered by looks.

I always tell my Piano Man that we we are old and decrepit and walking, half bent, around the park, we'll gross out all the young kids because I aim to suck face until I die. The wrinkles won't cover or repel my love ;-)

Toriz said...

Thanks for the responses all!

AK:
He said, "I just love you in general; all of you. Now go to sleep!" (That last part being because the question popped in to my head about 2 in the morning, and I woke him to ask it).

Mags:
I wouldn't expect anything less from you. *Grins*

Toriz said...

Rita:
With the kind of measuring tape only found inside your heart.

AlphaBetsy said...

I had this conversation with my fiance when I began to lose weight. He had met me when I was larger and I was afraid he wouldn't love me, or find me attractive anymore. It bothered me so much that I sat him down to talk it out. He assured me that he loved me no matter what and that I was more than the size and shape of my body. He told me that he wanted me to be happy with my body and as long as that was so he didn't care how much I weighed. :)

Toriz said...

Betsy:
That's great; and how it should be! :)