Thursday, February 16, 2012

What I made for the Valentine's Swap

Now I know Autumn has the items, I can reveal what I made for her for the Valentine's swap (for the benifit of those who are interested and follow my blog, but don't follow hers).

Here's the knitted dog I made:



I'm really pleased with how the dog turned out; I think it's my best knitted toy ever!

When I showed my Dad the photo he mentioned the orange-ish colouring to it, and pointed out that was due to the use of artificial lighting; said I should have taken it outside to get the photo. But since it was raining when we wanted to get the photo and I had to get it ready to be posted (as it was it only just made it in time for Valentine's Day) I can't really help that.

Anyway...

Here's the card:


There was a keyring I made too, but I forgot to get a photo of it.

14 comments:

Autumn said...

I thought everything was wonderful!

Toriz said...

Autumn:
I'm glad you thought so! :)

anarchist said...

Hi,

Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

I recently put out an ebook of my writing, called The New Death and others. It's a collection of short pieces, mostly dark fantasy.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog (either a normal book review, or a review of its suitability as gaming inspiration).

If so, please email me: news@apolitical.info. Let me know what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy.

You can download a sample from the ebook's page on Smashwords:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92126

I'm also happy to do interviews or guest posts. Just let me know what you'd prefer.

Yours,
James.

AliceKay said...

Aww...what a really sweet dog. :) You did a great job making it, Tori. Nice card, too. Great Valentine's Day swap items. :)

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Tori,

What a great little doggy you knitted for the swap. Your swap partner will love it for sure.

Lovely work all round!

~ Serena xo

Toriz said...

James:
There should be a link on my profile page to e-mail me.

AK & Serena:
Thanks! :)

Celticspirit said...

Tori, the dog is so adorable and you did such a good job on it! The card is pretty too. What great gifts!

Toriz said...

Barb:
Thanks! :)

Rita said...

What a cute puppy! I'm sure your gift was appreciated. :):)

Toriz said...

Rita:
It certainly seems to have been appreciated very much! It's always so much nicer making things when they're appreciated, don't you agree?

Rita said...

Oh, you betcha!! ;)

ChicagoLady said...

Good job on the doggy, he looks so cute and cuddly. What was he stuffed with?

Intense Guy said...

You did a marvelous job with the doggy and the card!

Hmm... what is the dog stuffed with? Cats or Dog hair? ;)

Toriz said...

Chicago:
Thanks! :)

Iggy:
LOL! Nah, just plain old teddy bear stuffing!