From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Quorn is the leading brand of mycoprotein food product in the UK and Ireland. The mycoprotein used to produce Quorn is extracted from a fungus, Fusarium venenatum, which is grown in large vats.
Quorn is produced as both a cooking ingredient and a range of ready meals. It is sold (largely in Europe, but also in other parts of the world) as a health food and an alternative to meat, earning the Vegetarian Society's seal of approval. As it uses egg white as a binder, it is not a vegan food."
(The above text, and the rest of the article can be found here).
OK, so I thought it had an "a" and it's an "o"... That's the trouble with spelling and screen readers... They don't go together very well!
3 comments:
Aha! As I told you, I had googled it and found info. Does sound like a strange food, to be sure. But the picture they had didn't look at all like a fungus. I'd give it a go--especially with flavoring of some kind. :)
I, um, well, can see why you might not be all that "crazy" about the stuff.
:)
But I'd try it - I'd eat nearly anything (found in a grocery store) once.
Rita & Iggy:
If you're going to try it, I really do advise trying it with some kind of flavouring... A cooking sauce, for example. Even if you try a bit then add sauce on top after.
Post a Comment