Friday, December 28, 2018

#Christmas Themed #FurkidFriday: "I Heard #SantaPaws!"

Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.

Daddy was playing with the flashy thing over Christmas, so no doubt we have stuff on it to share with you. But Mummy and Daddy say they still need to sort them - whatever that means - so I can't share any of it today.

While you wait, I thought I'd tell you about what happened in the early hours of Christmas morning.

I heard Santa Paws.

I'm sure I did. No matter what Daddy says.

Daddy says it was probably the squeaky things in cages playing. But soon after I heard the noise coming from our living room, Mummy and Daddy said we might as well go see what Santa Paws had left us, since we were up. They seemed pretty confident he'd been already, so they must have heard him too. Daddy likes to tease sometimes, and he must have been teasing me when he said it was probably the squeaky things playing. How else did they know for sure Santa Paws had been already, even before we went in the living room to look?

And, he had been too! Our stockings were all filled with goodies.

The squeaky things in cages all insist they never saw him. But they must have been too sound asleep, or not looking properly, because I know he came. After all, how else would our stockings be full of goodies? I know our stockings were empty at dinner time. I checked. Mummy let me look, right before Daddy took me out of the living room to feed me, while Mummy stayed in there to feed the squeaky things and clean up from dinner, like we do every day.

Sure, Mummy did take a while in there, but there's nothing weird about that. We'd done lots of play time that day, and Mummy often stays in the living room for a bit after dinner when that happens. She says she, "Needs five minutes of Mummy only time," even though she's often more than five minutes. I don't mind though, even though I'm never allowed in the living room after that - something about giving the squeaky things in cages peace - because after that Mummy goes in the bedroom to read, and I get to play with her one more time before I have my treat ball and settle for the evening. I've never been allowed in with the squeaky things after dinner time, unless Mummy and Daddy are having a movie night.

Anyway, like I said, the stockings were empty when I checked them at dinner time. But after I heard the noise I'm sure must have been Santa Paws, and we went to check, they were full of goodies. So, it must have been Santa Paws I heard, right?

The only thing I don't understand is why he didn't come in and say, "Hello," when he heard we were awake. I told him in my letter I love visitors and wanted to see him. I guess he must have been in too much of a rush.

I heard Santa Paws though. I know I did. Like I said, Daddy likes to tease sometimes, so that must be why he keeps saying it was just the squeaky things in cages playing. Yes, that must be it.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Santa never stops to chat -- he has too many pups and kits and degus to see too! But I'm glad he stopped at your house!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'm glad he did too... Even if he was to busy to say, "Hello," to me. Wait until you see what he left me!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Rita said...

Santa has no time to say hello. Too many houses to get to. But you may well have heard him. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I'm sure I did... I heard something, that's for sure!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

robbiesinspiration said...

I am sure you did see Santa Paws, Lille. I hope you enjoyed your goodies.

Victoria Zigler said...

Robbie:
Yes, I enjoyed my goodies very much. I haven't eaten all the treats yet though. Mummy won't let me have them all at once.

Lots of licks,
Lilie