Author and book news for children's author and poet, Victoria Zigler, as well as general news from the life of the Zigler family; furry and otherwise!
Tuesday, December 04, 2018
Rough #Ocean #Photos, The Ball, #HarryPotter Boxes, and Medical Mutterings
The weather and the ocean have both been pretty rough. You may be able to get some idea from the photos at the top of this post, which are photos of the ocean as seen from our window on November 28th (last Wednesday). And these from December 1st (this past Saturday):
The ocean's been so rough it's throwing stones from the beach up on to the promonade. They're going clear across it to the foot of the steps up to the street. There's so many that, in places, walking along the promonade is almost like walking on the beach itself, and we had to go walk up on the street the other day on the way home from Oscars.
***~~~***
Lilie's favourite "fetch" ball disappeared.
I threw it, and it seemed to literally vanish in to thin air.
Kelly and I searched and searched for that ball. But we just couldn't find it.
We also tried asking Lilie where it was. But all she did was go stand by the shelves in the room we were in, and bark.
It did sort of seem like she might be trying to tell us something. So we did look where she kept standing and barking. But we still couldn't find the ball, no matter how many times I felt among the things on the shelves, and Kelly looked among them. So, since Lilie's known for getting in to stuff, we sort of thought she might just be trying to get at something else on the shelves.
Although, we knew the ball had to have gone somewhere. Rubber balls aren't known for vanishing in to thin air with no explanation.
Finally, after we'd failed for three days to find the ball, during which time Lilie had returned to the same spot every time she was asked to fetch the ball, I decided to give Lilie the benifit of the doubt. So, I asked her again to, "Fetch the ball," and when she barked near that same area again, I picked her up, and repeated the fetch command.
I figured, since she was returning to the same spot, there was a chance she really was showing me the ball. Besides, I had hold of her, so at least I'd have time to grab whatever it was she wanted from her before she could chew it, if it turned out she was after something she wasn't supposed to have. Plus, I was getting frustrated and desperate.
But she really did know where the ball was.
She immediately grabbed the ball from a spot on the shelves where we'd somehow missed seeing it, and she hadn't been able to reach it from the floor. Then proudly dropped it in my hand when I checked to see what she'd grabbed.
It turned out it had gotten itself wedged between some stuff on the shelf, in a spot I'm not sure how it even fitted in. Maybe the fact it's a little chewed up helped it fit in a place a ball of that size wouldn't normally fit?
Whatever the case, next time, I'm going to save us three days of searching, and listen to Lilie to start with.
Oh, and... Yes. Lilie did get loads of praise. Just in case you were wondering. I think she more than deserved it.
***~~~***
My November Harry Potter box arrived.
Here are my goodies for this month, in no particular order...
A magical creature egg:
A Ravenclaw picture:
A Hogwarts themed keychain:
A Ravenclaw coin:
A potions master pin badge:
A Ravenclaw t-shirt, modelled by me:
(Excuse the Harry Potter hair).
Two recipe cards. One for gingerbread wizards, and one for Kretcher's French onion soup:
A couple of Harry Potter themed Christmas cards. One with Santa and Hogwarts on it, and the other with a Bowtruckle on it:
And aRavenclaw Christmas stocking:
I've already got a Christmas stocking, which my Nan (Dad's Mother) made for me when I was a baby, and I've used every year since. So this one will be hung as a decoration only. I'd totally use it if I didn't already have one though!
***~~~***
I had another shot this past Friday. The next one is scheduled for December 28th at 1:30pm. I'm sort of relieved that the date it's due means the days they're closed for Christmas and the New Year won't cause a problem with it being done on the right day. I was a bit worried about that being a problem.
I think I've gone too often. I walked in there and the security desk guy who usually takes me to the right floor knew where I wanted to go, and then the receptionist greeted me by name, and signed me in without even needing to ask my date of birth or anything. Yeah... You know you go there too regularly when that kind of thing happens.
Anyway, I had them weigh me again while I was there, though I didn't hold out much hope for any weight loss. I just figured I might as well have them do it, for consistancy's sake. Turns out I got a bit of the weight back off. Shame I'm still heavier than when I originally went to the gynecologists. But at least the scales have started going down again. Wish I knew what I did right, so I could do it again. But I actually can't think of anything different I did during the past month. In fact, if anything I did less to try and lose weight than I had the month before, so... Yeah. Either way, I somehow lost a whole kilo (about 2.2 lbs). Just in case you're wondering.
I also had them make me an appointment to have a blood test, since it's meant to get checked again in December. My appointment for that is December 13th at 10:20am. So a week on Thursday.
Nope. There's still no surgery date. I'm planning to call and chase that up this week, since the six months of the "three to six months" timeframe they gave me is up next week (on the day I'm going for my blood test, as it happens). With how close the holidays are now, I very much doubt anything will be done this side of Christmas. Although, if they give me a date and it happens to be right on top of Christmas, you can bet I'll take it. I'd rather spend Christmas in hospital than miss my chance to finally get it done. I kind of hope I don't end up in on top of Christmas though. I'm hoping I can either have it done quickly enough to be home for Christmas, or first thing in the new year. Can but hope, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love those pictures of the ocean. They look so cool. Though it must be rough living by the water in such weather, is it?
The Harry Potter is awesome. I especially love that Ravenclaw picture - so pretty! What HP box do you get? I ordered a HP box from LootCrate (still waiting for it to arrive). I'm a Hufflepuff. :)
Lillie is amazing. Never underestimate a dog, lol.
Sorry to hear there's still no surgery date. Despite all your appointments, I hope you're able to enjoy Christmas!
Yup. Time to bug them again. I swear people fall into the same spots that Lilie's ball fell sometimes. In plain sight and yet no one can find/remember to handle it.
I love the ball story. You have ONE SMART LITTLE GIRL!!! Go, Lilie! Made me smile!
Rachel:
Yes, it's rough sometimes. But I like storms, so I like it. This is actually my favourite time of year to live near the ocean, because you can enjoy it without tripping over tourists.
Mine is the Geek Gear Harry Potter box. This is my second box. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what house I'm in. ;)
Yes, she's super smart. Sometimes I think she's smarter than us. LOL!
Thanks! I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the holidays between appointments. I'm sure going to do my best anyhow! :)
Jeanie:
I think you're right about people falling in to spots like the ball sometimes.
Glad the story made you smile. Go Lilie, indeed! The mystery of that ball was driving me nuts, so I'm glad she was able to show us where it was.
Looks wicked outside!
Lilie deserves to be praised A LOT! She tried to tell you--LOL! That was so funny.
I hope your surgery comes up soon!! Wouldn't it be nice to start out the new year with that getting done?! And you may have lost some weight because it sounds like you have been out and about more now. :)
Rita:
Yes, it was nasty out there.
Fantastic, wasn't it? Yes. She was trying to tell us. Next time I'll listen sooner.
True. I have been doing more in general. Hopefully it continues to help. Also, yes, it would be nice to start the year with the surgery all sorted.
Post a Comment