Thursday, January 30, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 30-01-20

When all is said & done, the novel belongs to the reader & his or her imagination
~Alice Hoffman

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
This week I read three books, all of which were by the same author. In fact, they're all part of the same series; I'd read the first in the series before, so the first one mentioned here is book 2. Anyway, here's what I read, along with my book reviews.

Wanderlust (Future Earth Chronicles Book 2)Wanderlust by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an interesting and action-packed book, which is a great continuation of the series. I look forward to reading more about these characters.

Across Continents (Future Earth Chronicles Book 3)Across Continents by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an excellent addition to this series, perfect for people who like to read books about the future results of appocalyptic events. I'm enjoying following these characters on their adventures.

Himalayas (Future Earth Chronicles Book 4)Himalayas by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another excellent addition to the series, and a fantastic read in it's own right. The worldbuilding is very well done, and the characters - human and otherwise - are wel-rounded. I'm enjoying seeing how they're evolving and their relationships are developing throughout the series, and look forward to the next book.

  • Watching:
This week I watched some random "Friends" and "Star Trek Voyager" episodes that happened to be on TV when I was in the living room at various times. I also finished watching "NCIS" season 12.

  • Listening:
This week I've been listening to a whole load of country music again. I could spotlight several songs today, but need to pick just one. So, with that in mind, here's "Coal Miner's Daughter" by Loretta Lynn for your listening pleasure.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

If you have a chance to watch the series Country Music by Ken Burns, check it out. Fascinating.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'll try and get to watch it. Thanks.