Friday, January 17, 2020

#FurkidFriday: Of #Dog Puzzles + Lilie The #Westie's Grooming Session And Logan The #Cavapoo's Vet Trip

Hi everyone. This is Logan the Cavapoo.

My big sister, Lilie, is real smart. She can do numbers, and doggy puzzles, and things like that. Even if Mummy and Daddy can't get her to do the numbers when they're pointing the flashy thing at her, which they keep trying to do so they can show you she can do them. They don't know why she won't do it when the flashy thing is pointed at her, because she does it real well when it isn't. They did manage to get her to do the puzzle for the flashy thing though, and she did it super fast too.

But not me. I can't do numbers at all, and find the puzzles real hard. I'm not so good with the thinking thing. It's not because I don't try neither. I try real hard. But I'm best at bouncing, and cuddling, and knowing when it's supposed to be toast and sweetie ball time. I still try though, and sometimes even manage to figure some of it out a little bit, like I'm doing in this video Mummy and Daddy did of me with one of Lilie's puzzles:







See... I try real hard!

Mummy and Daddy say they're proud of me for doing even as much as I did. But I kind of felt sad when I couldn't do it, and Lilie came over and got the sweeties out of the other three boxes quicker than I did the one I managed. But then Mummy filled our sweetie balls, and I can do those, so I felt better after that. She let me try again lots of times too. I still can't do the other boxes though. But Mummy says trying counts.

Anyway, the flashy thing got pictures of me and Lilie too. Not with the puzzle toy, but another time. So I thought you'd like to see them. Here you go:


All of those were taken before Santa Paws came, but I had to wait for my turn on this thing to post them. But I hope you enjoyed seeing all the photos, and watching me trying to do the puzzle, even though I didn't manage to do all of it. Like I said though, Mummy says trying counts. You agree, don't you?

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, me and Lilie were supposed to go to the groomer place. Except my tummy didn't feel good, so I stayed home with Mummy, and Daddy just took Lilie instead. Here's a photo of her that Daddy took after they got home:


My tummy was fine by bed time, but Mummy said I needed to be weighed and have a checkup anyhow, so she took me to the vet a couple of days later. Says she didn't rush, since I was fine other than the upset tummy; other than the upset tummy, I was acting normally, even eating and drinking fine, playing happily, etc. Mummy says since I was fine other than that, she wanted to give it a day or so to see if her suspicion that it was because I ate Lilie's treats as well as mine was the cause was correct. When she told the vet about it, the vet agreed with her, and said maybe I shouldn't eat so many treats. Shouldn't eat so many treats? You can never have enough treats! What is she thinking? I hope Mummy doesn't plan to listen to that nonsense!

They weighed me when I was there, and I weighed 14.75 Kilos (Mummy says she thinks that's about 33 lbs, for those who need it like that). The vet thought I'd be closer to 16 kilos, so was glad I was under 15 kilos. Ha! Take that vet! She did remind Mummy to be careful of me eating too many treats and getting too much extra padding on me though. I'm crossing my paws Mummy wasn't listening to that bit.

Don't worry, I'm not overweight. The vet says my weight is fine for my size, she just doesn't want me being any heavier than 15 kilos unless it's because I did some more growing, and since I love my food, that's why she said about being careful with the treats. Like I said, I'm hoping Mummy either ignores or wasn't listening to that part of what the vet said.

I am however, glad Mummy is planning on listening to the part where the vet said it's not a good idea to get me neutered yet, especially after how Lilie reacted when I told her about it after me and Mummy got home from the vet.

Apparently, though normally any time after about six or seven months is fine - bearing in mind, I'm nine months old now - because I'm two breeds in one, it's a good idea to let me be closer to my first birthday before it gets done. Something about making sure my bones are done developing. Whatever that means. So I'm going to get neutered in a few months time, instead of later this month like Mummy was planning.

I'm not sure what that neutering thing is all about, but Lilie says I had a lucky escape there, and found something funny about the fact I'd be having that done right before my birthday. She wouldn't tell me why it's so funny.

All I know is, the vet and Mummy agreed I'd get the neutering thing done at the start of April (my birthday is in the middle of April) so I had plenty of time to recover from it before I had to get my booster shot thing in June, but will be close enough to being a year old that the vet can be sure my bones are done developing. I know that because I heard Mummy and the vet saying so, and Mummy told Daddy that when we got home too.

I also know we were at the vet for lots and lots of time, but the lady who sits behind the desk there was very proud of me. Actually, the vet was proud of me and told me I was a good boy too. Everyone loved me and gave me praise. I like when that happens. Who am I kidding? I don't like it, I love it!

Anyway, I did cry some, especially when other dogs were getting attention and I wasn't. But I didn't cry much. Mostly I just sat by Mummy's feet and waited, like a good boy. Not only was it good I did that in general, but there were some of those cat things in there, and one was on each side of me, but I ignored them. Well, they didn't have any food, and weren't doing anything fun I wanted to be a part of, so why would I bother with them?

It was a very long wait though. We got seen a whole hour after we were meant to, because the vet had to deal with something the humans called a, "Medical emergency," which made those of us already there have to wait for lots more time than we should have needed to, and some animals that weren't there yet have to be asked to have their appointments another time. Mummy says to tell you the doggy involved was doing fine when we left though, which we're both glad about, and sure you will be too.

Anyway, before I end this, here's one last photo of me and Lilie, which was taken just a few days ago.


Lots of licks,
Logan

2 comments:

Rita said...

Not everyone is good at puzzles. You are good at other things--like being good at the vets. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! That's what Mummy says too. She says we all have different things we're good at, and that's OK. I still get kind of sad when I can't do the puzzles though.

Lots of licks,
Logan