Friday, June 26, 2020

#Pet #Photos: A Beach Trip For Lilie The #Westie And Logan The #Cavapoo

Hi everyone.  This is Logan the Cavapoo.

Me and Lilie went to the beach a few weeks ago.  It was nice out there: not wet and windy, but not too hot either.  Well, we went other times too, but I wanted to tell you about this time, because it was slightly different.  Anyway, like I said, it was a few weeks ago.  Well, almost a month ago now.

Mummy and Daddy took us.  Although, Daddy left us there and went away for a long time.  That's what was different.  I don't know why he did that.  He usually doesn't leave Mummy by herself with us outside for long, but this time he did.  We were out there for ages and ages, and only Mummy was with us.  Mummy tried explaining, but it makes no sense to us.  Whatever the reason, Lilie was upset that Daddy went away - I wasn't too pleased myself, but Lilie made more fuss about it - but Mummy said it was OK that he did, which made us both a bit confused.  Mummy promised Daddy would come back, and we were really worried she was wrong, but he did come back for us, so it was all OK in the end after all.

We weren't upset the whole time though.  In fact, even Lilie mostly forgot to be upset after a short time, though she kept remembering and looking in the direction Daddy had gone and whining from time to time.  But nobody could stay upset when being called cute by other humans that were on the beach and wanted to say, "Hi," to us and even pet us.

That's right: people are talking to us again.

For ages and ages - much more time than Daddy left us on the beach with just Mummy; for so long that I found it strange and scary at first that people were doing differently - people wouldn't talk to us, and definitely wouldn't pet us.  Mummy and Daddy said it wasn't our fault but because of that Avirus thing they keep talking about.  But now they want to be friends again.  Mummy says to tell you they did so from as far from her as our leads would allow though, so it was fine.  I don't know why that matters, but she says it does, and you'll be glad to hear it.  I'll have to take her word for that.

Like I said, I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, and was kind of scared when people were suddenly wanting to come say, "Hi," and pet me.  OK.  Fine.  I was a lot scared.  But only at first.  Then I saw how happy Lilie was, and how much she was enjoying it, so decided I wanted to be a part of that.  I hate being left out, and I do love attention, it's just that I'm only a little over a year old, and most of my walkies months it's either been such bad weather everyone is in too much of a hurry to get out of the wet to be friends, or they've not wanted to because of Avirus, so this wanting to be friends with me thing was new, strange, and real scary.  I think I do like it though, and hope they'll want to keep doing it from now on... Especially if they're going to be giving Lilie attention, because I want to be included if she is.

Anyway, Mummy played with the flashy thing while we were out there, so here are the photos of me and Lilie it made:
   

Lots of licks,
Logan

8 comments:

Cat Strawberry said...

Oh, yay, that's wonderful that people want to come and say hello again, and I hope they continue to do that more and more. People are nice it's just some of them are a little nervous after the whole Avirus thing.
Hopefully with the recent hotter weather more and more people are coming outside and enjoying the sun and you'll be able to meet even more friendly people, and I hope things will feel better for your Mummy and Daddy too. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Cat:
Thanks. I'm a little nervous after the whole Avirus thing too. Not Lilie though... Lilie's just super happy people want to be her friend again. I like friends too, but it feels strange to me after not having it happen for most of the time I've been allowed to go walkies.

Lots of licks,
Logan

Rita said...

That's great that people are being friendlier again. Avirus has changed things for most of the humans. I'm sure things might change more as time goes by. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I don't like when things change. It makes me confused and worried.

Lots of licks,
Logan

robbiesinspiration said...

It seems that things are returning to normal in the UK, Tori. Lots of people on the beaches and in the parks too. I hope you all had fun.

Victoria Zigler said...

Robbie:
Yes, things are returning to normal for the most part. It's meant to be with some strict rules, but not everyone is paying attention to the fact those even exist, let alone following them. We're still being cautious, though I have to admit to being really glad just the start of lockdown being eased was enough to make people stop their attitudes towards the dogs... For their sakes. I was hating to see Lilie so upset, and Logan's socialization skills suffered somewhat for it (though, thankfully, due to his constant desire to be involved in what's going on, and Lilie's enthusiasm for greeting anyone who there's even the slightest chance might want to be her friend, he's quickly improving, and starting to be enthusiastic about making new friends too now).

Jeanie said...

Cutest doggie faces ever! Sounds like quite the adventure!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks. Yes, we're super cute, and it was a fun adventure. Well, mostly. I mean, it was scary in parts, and worrying about Daddy leaving us there for so long, but it was mostly fun.

Lots of licks,
Logan