In case you missed yesterday's post: "Snowlilie's Brother" is now available. As mentioned in the post I just linked to, you can buy it in a variety of eBook formats from multiple online retailers - purchase links can be found in that post, but here are the links for the Smashwords version and the Kindle edition - and will be able to get it in audio and paperback as soon as I can arrange for those to be available. If you buy a copy - either now, or when the other formats become available - I hope you enjoy it. If you do buy and read it, please consider leaving a review, either where you purchase the book, on your blog, or on Goodreads, because reviews help authors, so are very much appreciated.
Also, if you want to tell your friends and followers about the book - like Kevin has done in this post - that would be very much appreciated too. Thank you in advance if you do so, and thanks to Kevin - and anyone who shares his post - as well, since spreading the word is another thing that helps authors a lot.
In other bookish news: if you - or anyone you know, be they children or adults - happen to be a fan of colouring books, especially animal themed ones, you might be interested to know that my Hermann's Tortoise, Artemis, is featured in two versions of the "Magnificent Pets" colouring book from Praise My Pet, after I was approached by someone I follow on Twitter and asked if I would submit a tortoise photo or two for the project. you can find Artemis in both the Colouring Book For Children and the Mandala Coloring Book For Adults, which are due for release on June 27th 2020, and are currently available to pre-order at a discounted price. If you grab either version, I hope you enjoy colouring Artemis' photo, as well as the photos of all the other pets in the collection.
"There is no perfect time to write. There's only now."
~Barbara Kingsolver
~Barbara Kingsolver
OK. Let's see what I have to share with you today.
Blogging:
“Whatever you describe to another person is also a revelation of who you are and who you think you are. You cannot describe anything without betraying your point of view, your aspirations, your fears, your hopes. Everything.”
~James Baldwin
The writing process, and writing life in general:
"Talent is extremely common. What is rare is the willingness to endure the life of the writer."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Writing romance:
Random writing tips:
"You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better."
~Anne Lamott
~Anne Lamott
Editing:
"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."
~William Wordsworth
~William Wordsworth
2 comments:
Don't you love Anne Lamott to pieces? I do!
Jeanie:
Absolutely... That quote especially.
Post a Comment