In case you didn't see it, but would like to go check out the post: "Snowlilie's Brother" - my latest release, featuring Lilie and Logan - was featured in the Smorgasbord Cafe and Bookstore this past Sunday (June 14th 2020) along with a review of "Witchlet" - one of my older titles. My thanks to Sally for doing the post to start with, as well as to Robbie for reading and reviewing "Witchlet" a while ago. Also, thanks to anyone who shared the post, or does so at any point in the future.
In other authorly news: I'm currently taking auditions for a narrator for the audio version of "Snowlilie's Brother" on ACX. If you're a female narrator who wants to audition, you have until Friday (June 19th 2020) to submit your audition, since that's when I'm making my choice. I just thought I'd let you know.
The paperback version of "Snowlilie's Brother" is also in production; I'm just waiting for the physical proof of the paperback to arrive. Assuming there are no issues with the physical proof, and nobody from KDP finds any issues during the final approval stage, the paperback version of "Snowlilie's Brother" will become available in a couple of weeks.
In the meantime, let's take a look at what I've gathered to share with you this week.
The writing process, and writing life in general:
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of.”~Joss Whedon
“You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what’s burning inside you, and we edit to let the fire show through the smoke.”~Arthur Plotnik
Characters:
“The first draft is black and white. Editing gives the story color.”~Emma Hill
Editing:
“No author dislikes to be edited as much as he dislikes not to be published.”~J.Russell Lynes
Marketing:
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”~Dr Seuss
Book reviews:
2 comments:
I love how editing gives the story color. That's really quite perfect!
Jeanie:
I agree. That's got to be one of the best editing quotes I've seen.
Post a Comment