Monday, December 15, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

The words and lyrics for All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth are by Don Gardner. The first publication of the Christmas song All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth was in 1946. The words of the Christmas song were parodied in the UK in the sixties, at the height of Beatlemania, when a British comedienne named Dora Bryan recorded "All I want for Christmas is a Beatle". Every generation there appears to have a humorous Christmas song released like All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth. One cannot help wonder what future generations will make of the lyrics!

______

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth

Every body Pauses and stares at me
These two teeth are gone as you can see
I don't know just who to blame for this catastrophe!
But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as it can be!

All I want for Christmas
is my two front teeth,
my two front teeth,
see my two front teeth!
Gee, if I could only
have my two front teeth,
then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas."

It seems so long since I could say,
"Sister Susie sitting on a thistle!"
Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,
if I could only whistle (thhhh, thhhh)

All I want for Christmas
is my two front teeth,
my two front teeth,
see my two front teeth.
Gee, if I could only
have my two front teeth,
then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas!"

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Oh, I wish there was a "smiley" that was missing its two front teeth. :)

*goed off tryin to whidle bud doin' bathly cause of middin' fron teeds*

Celticspirit said...

When I think of this song I remember the one that the Chipmunks sang. We used to have an old cassette of them singing Christmas songs that my kids always listenedt to.

Tori_z said...

LOL @ Iggy. :)

Barb:
I didn't know the chipmunks did this one. I know they have a Christmas CD, but I've only recently learned that the chipmunks did more than just appear in an animated TV series. I guess they never really made it big over here.

AliceKay said...

Gotta love Alvin and the Chipmunks. :)

The Wife O Riley said...

When I was 2, I fell out of my crib and knocked my two front teeth up into my gums. (I know, graphic)

Well, they had to be surgically removed and I didn't get my permanent teeth until I was 7. My mother made me sing this song every Christmas.

Tori_z said...

Wifey:
Ouch! Bet you were glad when you finally got your two front teeth and she didn't make you sing it any more?

ChicagoLady said...

When I was a kid, one of my favorite records (yes records) was one titled All I Want For Christmas, with a kid on the front, and the kid sang the title song. There were some other songs on the record which I don't remember, probably sung by adults, but All I Want For Christmas is the one I remember.

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
I'm not quite too young to remember records. My Mam and Dad still have some of theirs (and a couple that belonged to us when we were really young... One of them I actually won at a raffle at a disco when I was about 10 ish).