Monday, December 29, 2008

The Littlest Light On The Christmas Tree

The synopsis on www.play.co.uk says:

"Set in a time after the second World War, it's a magical story about two unforgettable friends. An abandoned, discarded Christmas bulb, afraid and alone... and an eight year old boy who finds him and takes him home. Broken and useless, Little Light is of no value to anyone - except to young Timothy who sees himself in Little Lights plight. Timothy's belief is so strong that Little Light can 'shine' again when the town suffers a blackout from a fierce winter storm, Little Light triumphs over all odds - and his own self doubt - to 'shine', lighting the way for others who 'see the light'."

It's a really sweet little story. :)

Tori

11 comments:

KAYLEE said...

thats a very cute story!

The Wife O Riley said...

That sounds like a good one.

Intense Guy said...

:)

I suspect I will be reading this one too...in fact I'll be making a pile of books and calling it the "Tori Recommended Reading" pile and better get going or its going to be a HUGE pile!

Punkn said...

*adds it to my list*
thank you for the recommendation tori *hugs*

Tori_z said...

*Wonders if people will ever get caught up on these "need to read" and "need to watch" lists...*

Tori_z said...

Btw... Maybe I should have mentioned this before, but it's actually a little animated Christmas movie. There might be a book version - I'm not sure - but my version is a movie.

Intense Guy said...

I probably will never catch up with the need to read or see list. :) You given me so many neat titles!

I didn't realize "The Littlest Light On The Christmas Tree" was an animated movie. I did a quick search for a book but didn't find one.

KAYLEE said...

HUGS!!!!!!!

MarmiteToasty said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR YOU AND KELLY...... may the coming year bring you both much love, peace, hope, health and new friendships.... fanks for letting me be a part of your world....

love ya both......

x

Intense Guy said...

Happy New Year Tori, Kelly, and Kero!

..and Daisy and Mia and Eleri and your Mam and Nan and dad and all!

Tori_z said...

Happy New Year to you too, Toasty & Iggy! :)