Friday, December 12, 2008

Here Comes Susie Snowflake

Here comes Suzy Snowflake,
Dressed in a snow-white gown,
Tap, tap, tappin' at your windowpane
To tell you she's in town.


Here comes Suzy Snowflake;
Soon you will hear her say,
"Come out ev'ryone and play with me;
I haven't long to stay.
If you want to make a snowman,
I'll help you make one... one, two, three.
If you wanna take a sleigh ride,
The ride's on me."


Here comes Suzy Snowflake;
Look at her tumblin' down,
Bringing joy to ev'ry girl and boy;
Suzy's come to town.



Song By Rosemary Clooney




You can watch the video here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYDdm3fZiM

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Would you believe I've never heard this song? :)

I get this image of Susie Chapstick in my head though - which is fine with me!! :)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Actually, I'd never heard it either. My Nan (the one going in hospital next week) got a CD with old Christmas music on it and this song was on it. I still wouldn't have known about it, but my Mam heard it (they live in the same house, so she's bound to) and played it to me over the phone. Of course, I then "had to" go find it. I found the video first, but then hunted for the lyrics so I could post them for you.:)

Intense Guy said...

:) Aw, thank you for finding the lyrics for me!

Tori_z said...

You're welcome, Iggy! :)

It's the least I could do with everything you've done for me. *Hugs*

ChicagoLady said...

I believe I've heard the song before, based on the lyrics and that it's by Rosemary Clooney. I'll have to listen to the song, someday, maybe next week, when I'm at home and have the time.

Tori_z said...

OK Chicago