Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday goodies 2008 (FD)

My Mam and I did some baking today (Tuesday). We made three types of cookies (double chocolate cookies, chocolate marshmallow cookies and jelly cookies). We also made mince pies, cheese straws and chocolate covered marshmallows. Er... A few of the chocolate covered marshmallows never made it long enough to be included in the photo... They "accidentally" fell off the plate and in to my hand... Of course, I then "had to" eat them... I mean, who'd want them after my grubby fingers had been all over them? ;)



We were also going to make some ginger cookies, little ginger cakes, little chocolate cakes, banana-nog and maybe a couple of other things. But Mam ended up not having as long here as she'd thought she would, so that idea got scrapped. No big deal though... It's just the two of us, so those goodies are plenty for us two (Mam did more goodies at her place for everyone else). :)

I might have a go at the banana-nog myself tomorrow (Wednesday). We'll see though.

Wont be doing an actual post tomorrow with it being Christmas eve and all. We've got my Grandma's little Yorkie Jayde and Grandma will be coming to take her for a walk when I take Kero. Other than that the day will be spent making sure everything is ready for Christmas... Making sure dinner just has to be cooked so the day isn't wasted with food preporation, making sure all the laundry and other chores are up to date so nothing other than dinner dishes needs sorting on Christmas day. That sort of thing. It'll be Friday or Saturday before you get a post from me that's not already been scheduled. I doubt I'll even be around reading posts (I know I wont Thursday that's for sure... Kelly and I have agreed on a PC ban for the day).

So... Merry Christmas... Happy Holidays... Yuletide Blessings... Whichever of those applies to you and your family! And if none applies, then happy whatever you happen to be celebrating... Happy Chanuka, for example! May your holidays be full of love and laughter, however you choose to celebrate! :)

Tori

4 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIEND and I suppose I better say KELLY even though he is Canadian LMFAO... ;)

Hope your day is filled with laughter love family and friends....

Fanks for a wonderful year of friendship.... its been quite a ride...

much love to you both.... HAPPY CRIMBO...

All the goodies look scrumious...great baking lol

Mel x

Intense Guy said...

Happy Christmas Tori!! I hope more of those yummy look treats "accidently fall off the plates and into your hands! banana-nog sounds like a treat!

ChicagoLady said...

I hope you and Kelly had a Happy Christmas.

Tori_z said...

Thanks all three of you. :) *Hugs*

Hope you had a great Christmas! :)