Saturday, January 17, 2009

Senses (R/WP)

My brother posted something on my Dad's forum telling people to stop, close their eyes, and use their other senses to explore their surroundings for a few moments. Be it in a busy city or in a secluded clearing in the middle of the woods. I think it's a fantastic idea. Not just to help sighted people to understand what it would be like without sight, but also to teach people to enjoy the beauty that's around us with all their senses.

However you believe that this planet came in to being... Whether you believe it was created by a God or by some other means... You have to agree that the planet is beautiful. So take the time to thoroughly enjoy its beauty during your stay on it. After all, you don't know how long your stay on this planet will be. And i'm sure that when your time comes you'd like to say that you lived your life to the fullest, right? Then do it!

Smell the scents, listen to the sounds, see the sights, taste the flavours and touch the textures the planet has to offer. Take a lesson from the hunter gatherers of the past and learn what the Earth has to say.

Tori

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Very nice way of looking at life around us. Your brother has a great idea. :)

Celticspirit said...

I just love your post for today Tori! Very nice and a good reminder. Peace to you.

LadyStyx said...

I dont think I would have rated this a R/WP as it's more like a lovely reminder to stop and smell the roses!

Kaylee said...

is thios carl that said that? and I agree with ladystyx! Great post

ChicagoLady said...

I think this is an excellent reminder to everyone to pay more attention to things around them. Very well done, Tori!

Tori_z said...

I put the R/WP on it because I figured I might start ranting on since there's a lot I could have said on the subject. As it happened though Mam called when I'd just started the post to say she was getting ready to come here, so I never had the oppertunity to get in to full rant mode. LOL! ;)

Kaylee:
Yes, it was Carl.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

what a great post tori, and yes we should " all " take time to picture things in our minds and to smell different fragrances.

Intense Guy said...

I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears and wow... I learned I something. And not just that I needed to wash my underwear too!

Very nice post Tori!

Tori_z said...

LOL Iggy!