Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Worst Witch

"The Worst Witch" series is a series of books by Jill Murphy, which I have mentioned a couple of times over the past few weeks. The series is about a girl named "Mildred Hubble" who attends a school for young witches called "Cackle's Academy" where - despite her best efforts - she has a reputation for being the worst witch in the school, since trouble seems to follow her everywhere she goes, and no matter what she does something always goes wrong for her. Or, she gets blamed for someone else's bad behaviour or accidents.

The books in the series are - as I mentioned a couple of weeks back - as follows:

1. The Worst Witch
2. The Worst Witch Strikes Again
3. A Bad Spell For The Worst Witch
4. The Worst Witch All At Sea
5. The Worst Witch Saves The Day
6. The Worst Witch To The Rescue

I have read them all at various points over the years, so - despite only having the first five in my book collection at present - I feel I can say with confidence that it is an enjoyable series, and well worth reading.

Tori

5 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I'll have to check it out.

Kati said...

*grin* There was a tv series of "The Worst Witch". I don't remember what channel it was on, only that Tay didn't really care for it, so we never really watched it. The stories looked like great fun, though.

Thanks for mentioning the Oath Breaker series. That sounds interesting. You should look up _The Name of the Wind_ by Patrick Rothfuss. I think you'd really like it, if it's been recorded on Audiobook yet. Definitely a good story, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the triology. (Called "The KingKiller Triology".) And, another name for your SciFi/Fantasty name list: Kvothe (pronounced like "quothe"). He is the "Hero" of the KingKiller triology.

Hope you're having a good weekend so far, Tori. And I hope you have a great coming week!

Kaylee said...

iLL CHECK IT OUT!

Tori_z said...

Kati:
I remember the TV series. It was based on the stories in the books.

Will check to see if I can find that triology and add the name to the list. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

I to remember the telly series The Worst Witch..... aint read the books though...

x