Saturday, May 05, 2012

C is for Cat

Predictable, perhaps, but I do love cats; big and small!

The animal I'd love to own most in the world is a kind of cat; a lion!

It doesn't look like I'll get a pet lion though, despite my asking multiple times. So I guess I'll have to settle for domesticated cats. You can't have everything in life, I suppose. LOL!

I miss having cats, and hope to have one again some day; even if I can't have a lion!

I especially mis Chance (AKA Myskanco Silva Flame). He was an oriental Shorthaired Silver Spotted Red Tabby; try saying that three times fast, LOL! I loved that cat! I loved the other cats I've had too, but Chance was my all time favourite. I'd wanted an oriental cat since I was a child, so to finally have one was amazing. And he was so affectionate too! People think Siamese and Oriental cats are mean for some reason, but they aren't. At least, not all of them. Chance wasn't. Well, not unless you happened to be a dog anyway, LOL!

Anyway, speaking of cats...

The very first piece of creative writing we have of mine - a sort of rhyming story - is about a cat. And here it is:

MY CAT

My cat went for a walk,
He climbed up a stalk,
To get away from a hawk,
That was at the bottom of the stalk.

He looked at the cat flap,
And gave it a tap,
He gave a clap,
And went through the flap.

***

Another "c" is contest; which is what some people call it when they're doing giveaways. Have you checked out my giveaway? If you haven't, go here

9 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I've never owned a cat but I do hear they are great pets to have. Your poem is very cute with great rhyme words :)

betty

Toriz said...

Betty:
Thanks! :)

They do; they aren't as much work as most pets, and most cats like a bit of cuddle time (especially if they were picked up and cuddled a lot as kittens). They can be quite opinionated and stubbourn sometimes, but I kind of like that; cats aren't afraid to be themselves, and don't care what people think of them for it.

AliceKay said...

I loved my cats, and I've had a few in my lifetime. Some people are dog people, but I'm cat people.

Cute little poem. :)

Deanna said...

We had a cat named Chance once. He was the best cat ever. Maybe it is in the name.

When I think of Siamese or Oriental cats, I think of Lady and the Tramp. Those cats were a little on the ornrey side... maybe that is where they get the reputation!

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks, and YAY for being cat people! :)

Deanna:
Quite possible. It was Lady And The Tramp that made me want a Siamese/Oriental cat (the difference is in the colouring and markings; Siamese are the ones with the creamy sort of colouring to most of their body then some colour - red, lilac, brown, or whatever - on their faces and legs. Orientals are the ones that have markings like your typical housecat, but otherwise look like Siamese cats). Funnily enough, it was the same movie that made my Mam want a Cocker Spaniel. Though she got her wish before I got mine.

Intense Guy said...

I'm a dog person - but hey, you won't ever see me kicking a cat - not because I'm sneaky about it, but because I don't!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
That's alright then. You're allowed to be more of a dog person, as long as you're not a cat hater. ;)

Deanna said...

I love both cats and dogs. We currently have two litters of kittens and the cuteness is astounding. I hope you get another cat one of these days. If you lived nearby I'd give you one of these adorable kittens. :)

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Trust me, if I was close enough I'd take you up on that offer! :)