Sunday, May 13, 2012

K is for Kinfolk AKA The Game Challenge #1

"kinfolk, kin·folk (knfk) also kins·folk (knz-) or kin·folks (knfks)
pl.n.
Relatives; kindred.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kinfolk [ˈkɪnˌfəʊk]
pl n
Chiefly US and Canadian another word for kinsfolk

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003"

~~~Above taken from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kinfolk

I thought it would be an appropriate "K" word, since today is Mothers' Day in the US and Canada, and with my Mother-In-Law in Canada, we make a point of acknowledging both British Mothers' Day and American/Canadian Mothers' Day. So, I would like to wish my Mother-In-Law, Jenifer, and all other Mothers a very happy Mothers' Day!

Today is also the first challenge for The Game so it's time for me to post my entry for the challenge, which - as it happens - I sent to my Mother-In-Law as a Mothers' Day card.

OK, I've never done this before, so I hope I'm doing it right.

It was a "ticTacToe" challenge; we were given this image:

And told to pick three in a row in any direction. I picked flowers, ribbon and staples.

Here's my entry:

I'm not too good at remembering brands for my craft stuff, and couldn't check even if I wanted to; I store things in boxes and containers, and throw away all packaging. Plus, the paper flowers, paper square, piece of ribbon, the little oval gem things in the center of the paper flowers, and the staples, have been around for some time; all but the staples were among craft stuff I've had for ages, and the staples... I have no idea how long they've been in the stapler for. I'm pretty sure the card and the little ribbon roses were from "Craft Planet" though.

Anyway, join me and the rest of the Design Team at The Game and see what everyone creates. And, hey, why not see what you can create by doing three in a row?

10 comments:

Dezinaworld said...

Great card, so beautiful and I love the spring freshness of this one.
Hugs from June x

That corgi :) said...

That is a cute challenge/game, Tori! Your creation for it came out so very creative and well done!!

hope the day is a good one!

betty

Toriz said...

June:
Thank you; I'm glad you like it. :)

I had fun with it; hope everyone else on the DT did too? I also hope we get some people joining in with the challenges!

Betty:
Thanks! There are some fun challenge ideas in the list I got from Susan; should make for some interesting projects to share. :)

Yep, I'm having a good day; you?

KC said...

Tori, this is great! and I know what you mean about not remembering brands...I have the same problem :)

Susan said...

Excellent Tori...I sometimes forget what things are, but if the package is around, I go searching for it, so I can list it, LOL I sooo want my studio/craft room already!

love your card, and mum is sure to love it also!
Hugs,
Susan

Chrislyn said...

Beautiful card Tori! Perfect for mothers day!

Chrislyn

Serena Lewis said...

A lovely card, Tori! Well done!

AliceKay said...

That's a really nice card, Tori. I'm sure your mother-in-law will love it.

I don't have the time for these kinds of games or challenges, and I'm not a very creative person anyway, but I hope you have a great time with it. :)

Deanna said...

That is pretty cool!

Toriz said...

Thanks all, and I'm glad it's not just me just having to guess with brands most of the time. ;)