Friday, May 11, 2012

I is for Internet

There are lots of great things I can say about the internet.

Most of my friends are on the internet, and without it I wouldn't know them.

I published my book "Mr. Pumpkin-Head And Other Poems" on the internet, and hope to publish more books online in the not-too-distant future (more on that in a future post). Speaking of which; my book has finally been approved for premium status, which means it will soon be made available in the Apple store, Barnes And Noble, etc. YAY!

I'm also a member of a design team on the internet; the blog for it is called "The Game" and we have an interesting collection of people on the design team. The challenges are all based around different games. The first challenge will be posted on Sunday May 13th. If you like crafts, click on the banner below to join us:

Note: There's a content warning due to the fact people are encouraged to express their creativity however they choose as long as it fits the theme of each challenge.

The Game

The internet is also where I've been doing some online courses. I've just started a new batch. If you're interested, the ones I've signed up for this time are:

Balanced Life Principles
Board Games - The Business Process
Business Letter Writing
Business Report Writing
Business Writing
Comedy Writing Tour
Dealing With Stress
Developing A Business Blog
Ego And Conciousness Awareness
Feedback Skills
Feng Shui Lifestyle
Focusing Your Mind

Freelancers Client Contract

Improving Your Memory
Inventions - From Idea To Product
Listening Skills
Making Board Games
Paranormal Romance

Many of them I may never use, but... *Shrugs*... They're free, so why not grab them, eh? ;)

So, anyway... Lots of great stuff happening on the internet! :)

9 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Cool with all those online course, Tori! That's neat to have that venue in which to learn! The internet is a great source of information, friendships, etc. I remember the days without it; what did we ever do then??

betty

Toriz said...

Betty:
Yeah; if we lost it now many of us wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. ;)

Deanna said...

Those look like interesting courses, Tori.

I purchased your book. (yea!) Haven't had a chance to start reading it yet but am looking forward to it. It seems I do things in baby steps.

The internet has changed my (and many other's) life in so many ways!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Those courses sound very interesting! Many of my friends "live" online as well, lol! It's quite the achievement!!!

Celticspirit said...

Gotta love the internet! After all, it's where I find my men. haha....i hope this one I am with now is THE ONE. I'm sure he is.

Those sounds like some great courses. Have fun with them.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
*Nods in agreement about the courses and the internet*

YAY about the book; I thought that might have been you. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Jeannie:
*Nods in agreement*

Barb:
LOL! I hope so too; would be nice for you! :)

AliceKay said...

Without the internet, I wouldn't have "met" you. Yay for the internet! :)

I see a course I could use myself...Dealing With Stress. I've been under a lot of that lately. LOL

Have fun with your courses...whatever ones you decide to complete. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Ditto; about the internet meaning I "met" you! :)

Once I'm done collecting them and sorting them in to the documents, I'll be starting to work on the ones I want to do. Some should give me material for future books, others should make my time juggling easier, and others... Well, we'll see. I plan on reading them all anyway, even if I don't do the "homework" for them. :)

Deanna said...

I've been online since the mid-90s and honestly don't know what I did before. Well, perhaps more housework. ;) But truly, the opportunities it opens for information and friendship are truly remarkable.

I had been thinking of taking some online courses myself and some of the ones you list sound intriguing. I was one of those weirdos who loved university. Sometimes I'm tempted to take another course or two there (we have a nice, relatively inexpensive one in our town) but it would interfere with our usual vacations times. Online courses are a perfect option. Thanks for sharing those links.