Saturday, May 12, 2012

J is for Juggling (FD)

No, I don't mean the kind of juggling where you throw balls or something up in the air and juggle them about without dropping them. Apart from anything else, I've never been able to do that. Heck, I can't even catch one ball, let alone three! I did used to do a trick with a hula-hoop where I spun it on my hand using my thumb to stop it from sliding down my wrist or whatever; people seemed to think that was a clever enough trick to have me do it as part of an act when we did a circus show during a camp with Girl Guides. One of the girls in that act could juggle. That was a pretty good weekend actually; we had a circus theme going on all weekend... We were even grouped in tents based on our acts. I was part of the acrobats. We also had our own amusements where teddies did things good teddies should never do, but the Guiders never knew about that one. But, I digress, LOL!

So, juggling... Right... Yes. I'm talking about the kind of juggling where you juggle all sorts of responsibilities. Where you have all sorts of things you want/need to get done each day, and have to juggle your time to make them work.

I've been doing that a lot lately. I'm not doing too badly with it though. Things are getting done, and I'm even sleeping quite well, which is awesome!

I was going to do a full list of what I've done today, but I've just been fighting my laptop to persuade it not to turn off every time I come to work on a post, and now I really can't be bothered. Plus, I want to get on with doing the rounds on the blogs I follow. So I'll just tell you I've done housework (including doing laundry by hand), baked bread, worked on crafts (mostly organizing my messy craft box, but still), walked Kero, phoned my Grandma, played with Kero and Willow, and worked on some writing a bit. I even managed to find time to watch "Leeroy And Stitch"... Though admittedly that was while sorting my craft stuff out. Not a bad day, if I do say so myself; and it's a beautiful sunny day too! :)

I may be rubbish at the kind of juggling with balls and things, but I guess I'm getting pretty good at the kind where the thing being juggled is time. I still need to work on it a bit, but I'm not doing too badly...

5 comments:

Serrah said...

Do you mind if I re-post this on my blog?

That corgi :) said...

Sounds like you juggle your time very well Tori! It is a balancing act to try to get it all done and still have some fun times too! I'm pretty good with juggling my time, but don't give me any balls to juggle, those I fear will be all over the place :)

betty

Toriz said...

Sarah:
Go for it; just tell them where you got it. :)

Betty:
Glad it's not just me who couldn't juggle balls if you paid me to! ;)

AliceKay said...

Life is just one big juggling act. Some are good at it all the time, but most of us aren't. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished today. Yay you! :)

I'm still trying to figure out Terri's computer. I've come to the conclusion, after several hours of trying and several hours of stress, the CPU and monitor just don't like each other. :\

It was a beautiful day in northeastern Pennsylvania today. The sun was warm on your skin and the air was full of song birds. You would have enjoyed sitting in my lawn today. Oh, guess what? The robin has hatched her eggs and she now has, according to Terri, four little babies in the nest with her. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
I still have room for improvement with my juggling act; but I'm not doing too badly. I'm doing better than I have in the past. :)

Ugh about the computer!

You're right; I'd have loved to be out there listening to those birds. YAY about the babies! :)