Monday, May 28, 2012

Z is for Zen

Zen

1.street name for lysergic acid diethylamide

2.a Buddhist doctrine that enlightenment can be attained through direct intuitive insight

3.school of Mahayana Buddhism asserting that enlightenment can come through meditation and intuition rather than faith; China and Japan

~~Above taken from this page.

I was thinking the second or third definition, having not actually known the first existed until today.

Anyway... Zen...

It's a great way to think, and a great state to be in.

To me it means accepting that you are the one responsible for your actions, and the answers to your questions and solutions to your problems come from within.

6 comments:

Rita said...

From those definitions #1 sounds like cheating--LOL! Seriously though, I had no idea it was a name for a drug.
Zen is good as you described it. :):)

Toriz said...

Rita:
LOL @ number 1 sounding like cheating! ;)

That corgi :) said...

wow, never heard of zen being the street name for that thing, interesting!! hope your day was a good one!

betty

AliceKay said...

And here I thought you would write about a Zebra. ;)

Parsley said...

I think even a non Buddhist can experience a zen-like peace..it's a nice feeling.

Toriz said...

Betty:
You learn something new every day, LOL!

AK:
Actually, I almost did. I'd written "Zebra" in the e-mail I sent myself with the topic list for my A-Z thing, but I changed my mind the other day. LOL!

Parsley:
Absolutely! Someone of any faith can experience such a moment. :)