Thursday, May 10, 2012

H is for Home

Home is where I spend most of my time. Which is just as well since we had an inspection last Friday, and a visit from a handyman today.

The inspection was just a routine one, but they needed to check out some issues we'd mentioned having.

They also needed to check we still wanted to stay here, since our six months were up. We said we did. We like it here, and The Landlord is nice, and isn't all that noisy really (just the noises you'd expect to hear from someone living above you, though perhaps voices and the TV are louder than they might be; he's practically deaf though, so that's not his fault). As a general rule most of the neighbours are nice, and it's rare we hear much from them. It makes a nice change from all the times we've had rap crap playing from upstairs at all hours of the day and night, or dogs howling from upstairs because they've been left home alone again and aren't happy about it. Though, if I had to choose, I'd take the howling dogs over the rap crap any day!

Anyway, the handyman came to put a cupboard door back on. It fell off a couple of weeks ago and we couldn't for the life of us get it to stay on. He had a struggle actually, which makes me feel better about our lack of success, LOL!

Sometimes I would like to spend a bit less time at home; there are places I'd like to visit. But I'm greatful I have a home to be in, the freedom to choose where that home is, and plenty of things I can do in my home. Some things I do because they need doing (dishes, and other forms of housework) and others I do because I want to (writing, crafts, etc).

"Home" had to feature in my A-Z thing, because I have a rough theme of "things that are important to me, things I like, things happening today, or - if all else fails - the first thing I can think of for the letter" going on, and home is very important. Plenty of people don't have one, and I'm greatful I'm not one of those people!

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I can't believe it has been six months already, Tori, since you moved! Time has flown!! Seems like a good place to be right now indeed! I spend a lot of time at home too, with working from home, etc., I like you am grateful that I have a home too!

betty

Toriz said...

Betty:
I know; hasn't it gone fast?

AliceKay said...

I'm grateful you and I both have a home. You hear on the news so much anymore about how many people in the world who are homeless. Hard to imagine what life would be like without a home to go to.

I'm glad the handyman fixed your cupboard door. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
*Nods in agreement* I'm hoping I don't have to find out; hoping you don't either!

I'm glad too; much better having doors on all the cupboards (especially with the dogs).