Sunday, January 13, 2008

Stroppy, sleepy Sunday

As my Mam said on her blog, we almost got us moved out of here, but it fell through. We actually found an affordable private rented place that allowed pets. It was only a two bedroom house, but there are only the two of us at the moment, besides, the smallest bedroom was the same size as - if not a bit bigger than - our largest bedroom here. Unfortunately things didn't work out, and we didn't get it. It's a shame, because not only was it a lovely, big place, but it was almost directly opposite my parents' place, which would have made a lot of things easier for us all. It's extremely difficult to find affordable private rented places around here that allow animals, so we're a bit disappointed. Guess we're going to have to wait for the council and the housing people who deal with them after all. *sigh* Still, it was worth a try.

Anyway, I had a really bad night last night. Part of it was, I think, that I'd gotten over tired with everything I tried to get done yesterday, but that wasn't the whole problem.

The people who live above us have friends visiting quite late on the weekends. I've got no problem with that, doesn't even bother me that it's like 3:00 am (sometimes nearly 4:00 am) that they go home. Or even that they don't exactly make an effort to be quiet when they're leaving. But, when they come down the stairs yelling and messing about at 3:30 am, setting Kero off barking and then have the cheek to yell at him to shut up (only not that nicely)... That I'm not willing to put up with. I'd almost fallen asleep when they set him off last night, and it was more than an hour later that I finally got to sleep properly. Like I said, it's not the fact they're there so late that I mind, nor even that they made a noise leaving. My issue is that Kero has every right to bark when someone is less than two feet away from our door and making a load of noise, and the only people other than myself and Kelly I would expect to hear telling him to stop barking would be one of my parents, or whoever I'd left looking after him while I went out (usually Wayne). I nearly went out to say something, but I decided I have enough hastle around here without making more. Next time, however, I will be doing something about it.

So, with my late night, it was around 2:00 pm that I finally dragged my butt out of bed, which means I haven't really done anything today.

I did make a start on listening to "Marley And Me" last night after I did my blog post and commented on a couple of other people's blog posts. Really enjoying it (and so is Kelly, LOL!)

Alright, I think that covers everything.

Enjoy what's left of your day! :)

Tori

8 comments:

theteacher said...

I love that book too. It's so funny and lovely, but at the end it's so sad! Sorry your neighbours are so awful. Ours are ok. One is deaf so all we ever hear from her is her TV up too loud. And there is a youngish couple on the other side and the only time we have ever heard from them is when our fence panel fell down and she wanted to know if we were getting it fixed. We also had their dad come over when they were on holiday and ask if he could take the ivy from our wall as it had grown from their house. There are a lot of kids on bikes and stuff but we have been lucky so far.

Tori_Z said...

Rachel:
The neighbours themselves (well, the ones directly above us) are quite nice. It's their friends I have trouble with. I've got no problems with the neighbours themselves, most of their noise is from their toddler running around (although, I don't think a lot of their taste in music, nor the volume they like to play it at).

AliceKay said...

I'm so used to being "out in the country" that noise from the neighbors (when it happens) can be rather irritating and annoying. We have a neighbor not too far away who likes to play loud music in his garage...when he's in his house. That's annoying and not nice in the summertime. And my parents live right next door. Sometimes people can be very rude of others. Sorry to hear your neighbor's friends got Kero to barking. He was just protecting himself and his home.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

oh dear tori so we both had a bad night then but not for the same reasons, it makes you wonder where peoples sences are doesnt it,

I am so very sorry that you didnt get the house it would have been an answer to all our prayers for you both.

Tori_Z said...

AK:
I don't really think it matters where you are, noise from the neighbours is annoying at times. Main reason I don't complain about it and just shrug it off is that if I don't moan about them making a noise at odd hours they wont moan about me, which leaves me free to do what I want if I'm up without worrying that after moaning at the neighbours they're going to moan at me for the least little noise. It's one of those situations where you keep your mouth shut so others will keep theirs shut too. If you know what I mean.

Grandma:
Yes, it would have, but there's not much we can do about it.

LadyStyx said...

Im with Alice, but I also see your point Tori. Maybe if you just have a nice chat with the neighbor about the situation? Letting them know that you're not complaining about the lateness of their company as it's their place, but if they'd do a favor and see if the friends could exit a bit more quietly that you would truly appreciate it and Kero would probably be a bit happier as well.

Sorry the other place fell through. Keeping my fingers crossed that something opens up soon that will work for you and be easier on your folks as well.

Kati said...

Jeeze!!! That is uncalled for, the behavior of your neighbour's visitors. Maybe, if you're on good terms with your neighbours, you should comment on the noise of their guests leaving, and ask that maybe they speak to their guests about leaving a little more quietly in the future.

I hope you get more sleep tonight and have a great Monday tomorrow!

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx and Kati:
Planning on doing that, but they were out all yesterday and I haven't had a chance to catch them to have a little word about their friends.

LadyStyx:
I hope somewhere else opens up for us soon too.

Kati:
Nope, didn't sleep better, but not because of anything anyone else did, just had a restless night when I couldn't sleep for no apparent reason.