Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to 2008

I hope you enjoyed whatever you did to celebrate last night. Personally, I didn't really have an enjoyable evening, and was in bed well before midnight.

The evening started off quite nicely. Mam, Dad, Wayne, Carl and Rachel came down for Carl, Rachel, Kelly and myself to exchange Christmas gifts.

They got me some audio books, and a couple of boxes of candy canes (Yummy!) I can't remember what one of the audio books was, but the others were the "Worst Witch" stories. I think they got me the whole set.

They even brought a present for Kero, which he wasn't very interested in last night, but was playing with today. It's a "Christmas pudding" on the end of a rope tuggy, and the Christmas pudding squeaks. Kelly would have taken a photo of him playing with it, but we've only just been able to get to the charger for the camera's batteries, so they aren't charged yet.

Then, Mam, Wayne, Carl, Rachel and I went to "The Half Moon" pub for a bit. We don't usually go there, but thought it would be a nice change. Besides, it's the closest one to me, so meant they wouldn't have so far to double back to take me home before going up to "The Mount" (the pub right by my Mam). It was a change alright, but certainly not a good one! The people behind the bar gave us the impression they had better things to do than serve us drinks, the music was REALLY depressing, but played so loudly you couldn't even hear yourself think over it, and everyone in there seemed to be thoroughly miserable. The complete opposite to the normal atmosphere of The Mount (and every other pub we go to around here). We wont be going back to The Half Moon in a hurry, that's for sure! We just drank the drinks we'd brought when we arrived there and left.

Mam, Wayne, Carl and Rachel were going to come in to my place for a bit (I think they were feeling a bit guilty for cutting there time out with me short) but I told them to just take me home and go on up to The Mount. I wasn't feeling much like celebrating any more anyway. So, after asking me several times if I was sure, they left.

Apart from the fact the atmosphere in The Half Moon spoiled the evening for us, my head was really hurting, so I wasn't feeling like doing anything any more, so I just took some Paracetamol and went to bed. I usually avoid taking pain killers in favour of either just toughing it out, or using some kind of herbal treatment, but my head hurt so much I just wanted to do something that would make it stop and send me to sleep.

I was asleep by 9:00 pm. I did wake briefly just after midnight to the sounds of fireworks going off and people yelling "Happy New Year" in the middle of the street and just outside our window (our bedroom window opens in to the communal garden that serves as a front garden for not just us but several other people) but I just turned over and went back to sleep. Woke about 4:30 am with a throbbing headache, so took some more Paracetamol and went back to bed. Finally got up about 10:30 am, but that was more because I knew I needed to get up to feed Kero, Sakura and Megan than anything.

Called and sent texts to some people to say "Happy New Year" when I was awake properly, and I've been and checked at least most of the blogs. But haven't really done anything else. Can't be bothered, and my head still hurts.

Kelly's making a roast beef dinner today, but we don't have anything else planned for today. I was going to see in the New Year with a glass or two of the non-alcaholic grape wine stuff I like (still got a bottle left from Christmas) but the bottle is still unopened in the fridge. Maybe I'll have some with my dinner? It's not like it'll cause problems with the pain killers, since it's not got any alcahol in it.

OK, I think I've whined long enough. Sorry for being so miserable today. Maybe I'll be a bit more cheerful tomorrow?

On a more cheerful note though... Today is my friend Sarah's birthday. So, happy birthday Sarah! :)

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Happy New Year, Tori. I'm sorry you didn't feel well last night so you could enjoy yourself more. I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. *hugs*

KAYLEE said...

Hope you are feeling better soon?

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

oh what a shame that you had to cut the evening short, and i am so sorry to hear you had a nasty pain in your head and it doe'snt seem to have shifted, hope it gets better soon and hope you were able to enjoy your roast beef and wine.xx

Kati said...

Awww, I'm sorry you didn't have a better New Year's Eve, Tori!!!! I hope your head feels better today, and that the New Year brings you lots of laughter & some great suprises!

Karen said...

Sorry you didn't enjoy honey. I was so looking forward to you coming out with me too.
That pub was the pits...lol
Love and hugs mam xoxox

Tori_Z said...

Thanks all.

My head doesn't hurt much any more, so I'm feeling quite a bit better today.

Mam:
I had been looking forward to going out too, but the pub spoiled that.