Alan from upstairs painted the front gate during some of the dry weather we had in the past couple of weeks, and I thought I'd post a photo for you...

Call me strange if you like, but I happen to think it's a nice gate, and I bet it looks even better now that it's had a fresh coat of paint.
***
Thought you all might like a new Kero photo...
I'd have grabbed more, but he lost interest and turned away after the first photo...

***
As a vegetarian I'm always looking for different ways to combine my fruits and veggies. It's amazing how much different a meal tastes just from changing one ingredient. Well, my main issue is healthy snacks; I mean, who wants just a plain piece of fruit all the time? So, I decided to try another of the snacks I'd read about when looking for different ideas for fruit and veggie snacks. And this is it:
Half an apple, spread with peanut butter, with raisins arranged in the shape of a face.
Iggy pointed out that it kind of looks like a jack-o-lantern, which makes me think it would be a great snack for any Autumn celebrations (such as Samhain).
Ah, who am I kidding? It's a great snack for any time!
***
We had a thunderstorm Friday evening. Nothing impressive; it was over pretty quickly. Since then it's been alternating between being sunny and rainy.
***
*Hugs and positive thoughts to all in need of them*
10 comments:
It's a nice looking gate...painted all fresh with white paint.
Nice pictures of Kero. Even the one where he turned away from the camera.
And yep, that snack looks like a jack-o-lantern. :-)
AK:
Glad you agree it's a nice looking gate.
Thanks (about the Kero photos).
Cool (about the jack-o-lantern look-alike apple treat)
That's a very pretty gate. I love gates, doors, archways and the like. Old or fancy windows, too.
Karma loses interest in the camera a lot of the time--hehe! Kero looks nice with his short cut grown out a bit. Has to be cooler for him still.
Not a raisin fan, but that is a snack that could make a person chuckle. :)
We have rain right now and chance of showers or thunderstorms for the next four days--again. Wet-wet-wet. Wish we could send it to the people who need it so badly.
I hope you're still able to sneak in a Kero walkie once in a while inbetween raindrops. ;)
I have a great fondness for gates and I agree that is a very nice one. And it does look great painted.
Kero posed very pretty for the camera. I love peanut butter and apples. I had never thought of adding raisins. Your creation does look a bit like a jack-o-lantern. Thanks for the positive thoughts!
Rita:
Glad you liked it; will bear that in mind any time I'm near any nice looking gates, windows, etc! :)
Yeah, he always seems more comfortable with his fur kind of short.
I love raisins, personally. I'll have your share! ;)
I wish we could send rain to those people who need it too.
Yes, I'm getting some walks in with Kero. At least one a day.
Deanna:
Glad you like the gate. :)
You're welcome about the positive thoughts! *Hugs*
I like the gate! It has a character all of its own.
It was nice to see a new picture of Kero! :) Hewwo Kero!
OH, another good snack may be this. Wheat Toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas. At least thats what they say in weight watchers...
Nikki:
Glad you liked the gate and Kero photo. :)
Yeah, I guess it would be nice. Haven't tried that one yet. I have to be in the mood for a banana, so I don't do many banana themed snacks as a rule. Mind you, I suppose I should; might get me back in to loving bananas like I used to!
Painting that gate looks like it took a lot of work - all the wrought iron-like details and what not... it looks glorious now.
:) Pats kero on the head and sneaks him a snack.
Apples and Raisons sounds like a good pairing... and I do love 'nanners too.
Iggy:
Yeah, it took him a while to paint; I don't envy him!
Post a Comment