Last Saturday, I finished knitting the scarf for Louise...

...I'm told she loves it! :)
And, on Sunday, I made this little knitted plane...

Complete with a little propeller on the front of it...

...I made it for Michael. It's his first birthday on July 20th, so I wanted to make him something. I figured a plane would be easy enough to make up a pattern for, and a good option for a little boy who hasn't yet developed any real preferences for spacific types of things. Anyway, I made it now so I have plenty of time to get it to Elizabeth for him before his birthday next month.
If you're wondering, no; the propeller doesn't move... I figured firmly sewing it on was a better option for an infant. I stitched every piece as firmly as I could, going over each piece again and again to make it as secure as possible. I figured that was the best option, since it was for such a young child, and I know how children like playing rough with things sometimes.
Anyway...
I've finished both of Emma's blankets for her dolls too, but I haven't had a chance to get photos on here for them. They're only small-ish, pretty simple blankets, so it didn't take me long to do them; I knitted both of them in this past week (I finished the second one last night). There's a photo of each of them on my camera, so I'll share it some time soon. I had a photo taken of each of them because they're slightly different. They're to be for her dolls' prams at two different houses, but I still figured they should be slightly different.
I have made a start on the next project, and I have plans to make several other items, but I'll tell you more about all the other projects another time.
8 comments:
Very nice colors for that scarf. I can see why Louise would love it. :)
Cute little airplane for Michael, too. You did a great job on it. I'm sure he'll have fun playing with it. (good idea on the propeller)
Hope you're having a great Saturday.
Thanks AK! :)
That airplane is amazing. I wouldn't be able to do it with a pattern, much less without one! The scarf is very pretty. You are very talented!
Thanks Deanna!
*Blushes*
Love the scarf colors! And the plane is perfect for a little boy! You've been busy. And to figure out the plane pattern on your own, too. I agree--talented! :):)
Thanks Rita!
*Blushes again*
No wonder Luoise loves her scarf!!
:) I bet Little Micheal is making little brrrrrrrrrpfff!! brrrrrrrrrpfff!! brrrrrrrrrpfff!! noises with his airplane!
Iggy:
He doesn't have it yet. But I bet he will be doing that when he does have it. :)
Post a Comment