Sunday, December 30, 2018

December 2018 #TV Talk And #Movie Mutterings - #AmWatching

It's time to take a look at what I've been watching in December.

I only have a couple of reviews to share with you, because most of what I watched was holiday movies I've seen several times before. But you don't need to hear about me enjoying "Friends" reruns, or watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Santa Clause - The Movie" again, or how many times I watched "The Polar Express" and "The Muppets' Christmas Carol" this year. So I'll just tell you about the new to me movies.

As with the previous posts like this one, just click on the titles to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before viewing to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved. IMDB will usually provide this information for you, but you'll have to look elsewhere if you can't find it on the page I link to.

OK... On to the reviews!

Hotel Transylvania 3: A Monster Vacation (2018 movie):
This was a really great movie. Not quite as good as the first two, in my opinion, but still really good, with plenty of entertaining moments, and one or two touching ones too. I give this movie four out of five stars.

Arthur Christmas (2011 movie):
This was a fantastic, and very entertaining, movie, which the whole family can enjoy. I give this movie five out of five stars.

The Swan Princess Christmas (2012 straight to video movie):
This was a pretty good movie, with a lovely message about the holidays, and the spirit of Christmas. It wasn't amazing, but it was an enjoyable and cute movie... A nice one for fans of Disney's original Swan Princess movie. I do wish the children singing had actually sounded like children though. Anyway, I give this movie four out of five stars.

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I loved ARthur Christmas and can't wait to share with Baby Grand!

Rita said...

Looks like you may have found some new Christmas movies to add to your favorites for next year to rewatch. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I don't blame you... I'm sure he'll love it too!

Rita:
Yep. Arthur Christmas especially will be in the pile for re-watching next year. ;)