Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A #Tortoise And #Cavapoo #Photo Shoot - #Blind Photographer

I've been playing with the camera again.

I played around with the camera a little with Lilie and Logan, and made a few attempts - mostly failed ones - with Mollie. But I was able to do it a lot with Artemis, since the tortoise is easier to work with. Though Logan's not too bad of a subject to work with, since he stays still better than Mollie and Lilie do. Artemis is the easiest by far though. I mean, Artemis is a fast tortoise, but fast tortoises are still much slower than dogs and chinchillas, and easier to keep track of, especially for someone like me who's trying to use the camera and still have a hand free to see where things are. After all, I only have two hands!

Anyway, you've seen some of the results of my attempts at playing photographer over the past couple of weeks, though not every photo or video I've shared lately was done by me. I didn't do the videos and photo of Mollie from this past Friday's post, or the videos I'll be sharing next Friday (not this coming Friday, but the next one) for example. But here are some photos I did do that I haven't shared with you yet. Haven't shared on here anyhow, since they've been on Facebook for a bit. Either way, here they are. And, yes, I took all of the photos in this post myself.

First, here are some shots I got of Artemis slowly stomping about and playing in the tortoise playpen...


Next, here are some shots of Artemis eating some lettuce...


Plus, since I had a reasonably co-operative subject to work with, I decided to play with some of the camera functions, and discovered our camera has a setting where it can actually do black and white photos...


Well, to be honest, I should probably say, "Rediscovered," there, since I'm pretty sure I originally knew the camera could do black and white photos. I'm almost certain I knew it could, even if I wasn't sure how. It certainly didn't come as a surprise to me to learn it could do it. But we've had this camera for about three years now, and not really used any of the settings apart from the automatic photo taking function, and the video mode.

Oh, and... In case you were wondering: yes. Though I rediscovered it could do that by accident (and only realized I'd made it happen when the photos were being sorted afterwards) I do know how I made the camera do the black and white photos.

Anyway, I also have a few photos of Logan to share with you today, so here they are:


I hope you enjoyed the photos.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

It must be fascinating to watch Artemis. And Logan -- oh, he has the very sweetest face. EVER! Nice job, Tori!

CarolCooks2 said...

Great images, Tori well done..they are all so cute...Love them :) x

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, Artemis is fascinating. I'm learning so much more about tortoises, including just how affectionate they can be.

As for Logan... He's a real sweetheart. Everyone tells me how adorable he is. He's really sweet natured too. He's a lot more mellow than Lilie, but both of them are sweet and loving dogs in their own ways.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the photos.

Victoria Zigler said...

Carol:
Thanks! Glad you loved the photos so much. :)

Rita said...

Logan has gotten so big! Was posing nicely for the camera.
Artemis is much slower and easier to get pics of. Nice work, Tori. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, Logan's a good poser. He loves the attention. Also, yes... My Little Bear's not so little any more. Don't tell him though. He actually gets upset if you say he's a big dog. Thinks he's still tiny.

Artemis is definitely easier to keep track of to take photos. The tortoise can move surprisingly fast though. Still much slower than the dogs and chinchilla though; Artemis' fastest speed is still slower than the other three at their slowest, especially Mollie and Lilie.

Jayde said...

I think you did marvelously TORI clever girl 👧, xxx

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks. :)