Thursday, March 26, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 26-03-20

I want a story to take me to a place that I’ve never been to before and make it come vividly alive for me.
~George R.R. Martin

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
This week I only read one book, because it was quite a long one. So, here's what I read, along with my book review.

Outlander (Outlander, #1)Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm glad I decided to go with the audio version of this, because I dread to think how hard it would have been to read most of it with a screen reader of some kind. It took some getting used to even with the audio version... Enough that I very nearly deducted a star for it. However, since apart from the Scottish dialect taking a bit to get used to, I loved this book, I'm giving it the full five stars. The historical aspects were fascinating, and the characters were interesting. I look forward to the next book.

  • Watching:
This week I watched more of "Game Of Thrones" season 3, as well as more "Redwall" episodes.

I also broke down and got Netflix, so have been watching "Fuller House" on that. I loved "Full House" so have been really wanting to watch this one. I'm enjoying it, but it's not as good as the original series was. The first half of the first episode especially wasn't great, since it felt like an info dumping session to make sure you knew who was who and what they'd been doing between the end of the original series and the start of this one. Still, like I said, I'm enjoying it. Although, despite the fact I'd give five stars to the original series, I only give this series four out of five stars.

  • Listening:
This week I've been listening to very little again. But Kenny Rogers died, and it made me want to listen to some of his music. Not that I don't listen at other times, since I'm a fan of it, but still. Anyway, I'll be sharing one of his songs with you this week. So, here's Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton singing "We've Got Tonight" for your listening pleasure - enjoy!

6 comments:

CarolCooks2 said...

Such a shame about Kenny Rogers...Sounds like you have had a full week reading , watching and listening...Stay safe and well :) x

Victoria Zigler said...

Carol:
Yes, I have, and yes, it is a shame about Kenny Rogers. You stay safe and well too.

Jeanie said...

I really should add Outlander to the list. I don't always like fantasy but I think I would like the historical nature of this. Farewell, Kenny R.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, the historical aspects are interesting. It also talks a lot about family trees, and properties of plants, which you might find interesting.

Rita said...

I've been watching the TV series of Outlander and it is really interesting because of the characters, love,and history. Haven't read the books, though.

Game of Thrones was really complex and fascinating in many ways, too. Some really evil characters in that series. I haven't read those books, either.

Kenny Rogers was kind of one of those icons you think will be around forever.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I intend watching "Outlander" after I finish the books, like I did with "Game Of Thrones" (or am doing, since I haven't finished watching the show yet).

I agree about Kenny Rogers.