Thursday, March 12, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 12-03-20

Books are a uniquely portable magic.
~Stephen King

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
I've been working on two long books. One an audio book I've been enjoying a little at a time before bed over the past couple of weeks, and the other an eBook I started near the end of last week. But I only managed to finish one of them - the audio book - in time for this week's reviews post. So, here's what I read, along with my book review.

The Animals of Farthing WoodThe Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Having loved the animated TV series for this when I was younger, and also heard snippets of the story when my brother was listening to it on audio when we were young, I was eager to actually read the whole book. I was not disappointed. It was just as good as I thought it would be; as good as the TV series, if not better. Only the fact I limited myself to how many chapters I could read at a time before bed stopped me devouring the book in one go. I highly recommend this book, and look forward to reading the rest of the series.

  • Watching:
This week I watched some of "Game Of Thrones" season 2, and also watched "Matilda" - a movie I've seen absolutely loads of times... I might even have seen "Matilda" more times than I've seen the "Harry Potter" movies... Yeah, that many times. *wink*

Plus, my Dad sent me a link to the "Redwall" series on YouTube, since he found it and knew my brother, Carl, and I loved the books, so thought the two of us would enjoy watching it (yes, he sent it to Carl too). Anyway, I started watching that, and am so far loving it. It's not quite as awesome as the books, but it is fantastic, so I give it four out of five stars.

  • Listening:
To be honest, this week I don't remember listening to any music, except for the songs involved in the things I was watching. So, here's a song that appears in "Matilda" that's kind of fun: "Little Bitty Pretty One" by Thurston Harris. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Rita said...

I remember that song being on the radio!
Those look like cute, happy shows. Were they? :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes. I've still got some to finish watching, but the ones I've watched were.

Jeanie said...

I've never seen Redwall but heard much of it. That was awfully sweet of your dad to send that.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, it was.