All my books are enrolled, with some at 60% off, and others at 30% off, making them all $2.00 or less, and a couple of them completely free.
So, if you're looking for something to read while stuck at home right now - especially if you have children, are a fan of children's stories yourself, or enjoy poetry - you might want to check out my books.
Since I enable all formats I can, my books are available in multiple formats, including - but not limited to - mobi for Kindle, and ePub (which works with most eReaders). In fact, there's even a html version, which works with your browser, and means if you can read this post, you can read my books.
This is exclusive to Smashwords, and codes should apply themselves automatically at checkout.
You can find my books by going to my Smashwords author page.
Anyhow, other than the details of the sale, there's not much to say as regards my writing this week. Not because there hasn't been any progress on getting that story ready to be let loose in to the big wide world, but because there's not much to say other than that I'm still working on edits and such. I'll be starting to focus on a new project soon, but just can't face it right now with the global situation and the anxiety it's causing. Editing is one thing. Writing is another. Anyway, I'll actually be giving you some details of this story soon, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, I hope your own writing is going well, and that you and your loved ones are doing OK. Stay safe!
Writing fiction is a solitary occupation but not really a lonely one. The writer’s head is mobbed with characters, images and language.
~Hilma Wolitzer
OK. Let's see what I've found to share with you this week.
The writing process, and writing life in general:
- When you learn writing gets lonely
- Tips for working at home, AKA how to survive being a shut-in writer
- You might be too worried about having the most 'original' idea
- Writing in a time of anxiety
The act of writing is an act of optimism. You would not take the trouble to do it if you felt it didn't matter.
~Edward Albee
Writers' block, and finding inspiration:
- 12 tips for writing when you feel like you've run out of good ideas
- Why every writer needs to make time for 'free thinking'
Random writing tips:
- Story elements: give them purpose
- 7 tips to writing cults in fantasy
- Why write wrong, #1
- Putting cliffhangers in a series
I live with the people I create and it has always made my essential loneliness less keen.
~Carson McCullers
Marketing:
To any creators who feel guilty making art when the house is on fire, please remember: you make the doorways out.
~Victoria Schwab
This last link isn't actually writing related, but I wanted to share the silver lining from the Covid-19 cloud.
2 comments:
LOVE that last quote. It is perfect for these covid times!
Jeanie:
I agree.
Post a Comment