The first thing that distinguishes a writer is that he is most alive when alone.
~Martin Amis
Between medical situations all being under control in my case (I have a slight cough that won't go away, but other than that the cold/flu thing has gone, and I'm healing well from the recent medical procedure by the look of it) and having a week where there weren't a lot of other things to deal with, I managed to start working on the first stage of editing of the story inspired by Lilie and Logan, as well as write another poem or two. So, it was a pretty good writing week for me, and I'm definitely on track for having this story ready in time to be publishing it in May as planned. If you're a writer as well, I hope your writing is going well too.
Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.
~Neil Gaiman
OK. Let's see what I've found to share with you this week.
The writing process, and writing life in general:
- Novel writing: a little every day is enough
- You can't keep stopping and starting again
- You shouldn't worry about getting published if you haven't started writing
- Why perfectionism could be stifling you
- Why (only) reading books about writing won't make you a better writer
- 12 tips for writing when you're not calm and the world is burning
Commit yourself to the process, NOT the project. ...Invest yourself in the lifestyle...NOT in the particular piece of work
~F Conroy
Writers' block, and idea generation:
- What if writers' block is the best thing that ever happens to you?
- Kids, and the daunting world of writing
- 100 poetry prompts
- 10 tips for writing when you don't know what to write about
The true alchemists do not change lead into gold; they change the world into words.
~William H. Gass
Characters:
Writing romance:
Let me live, love, and say it well in good sentences.
~Sylvia Plath
Random writing tips:
There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.
~Frank Herbert
Marketing:
Reviews:
The business side of writing:
- Business musings: disruption
- Could the coronavirus impact writers? A few ways for writers to prepare for covid-19
I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.
~Anne Frank
2 comments:
So glad you had a good writing period. The Anne Frank quote is one of my all time favorites.
Jeanie:
Thanks. Yes, it's a great quote... Appropriate for right now too.
Post a Comment